Model flying photos you're proud of

Just to kick this off - with a non model related image....

Down The Pan

I used to be heavily into Exhbition (pictorial/art) photography. This was taken with an Olympus OM-2 on probably HP5 film and processed and printed in my home darkroom. The lighting was dreadful, the image was slightly solarised (post flashing half way through development) and then lifted with a little bleaching.

The full size image is 12"x16". I appreciate that this sort of stuff is not everyones cup of tea, but for me this was one image that I worked through from conception to processing and the result is more or less what I "visualised".

A week later, the shanty houses were all demolished.

Martyn

I'll kick off with this one.......three.

Popping up to Bickley to shoot the TJD lads flying their warbirds a couple of years ago. John Mason's lovely P-51 had just taken to the air and was scooting around. It was, and is (since repair), a lovely machine. I've cropped some of these.

So here it was doing passes......looking very pretty.

tjd4000.jpg

Then the elvator failed and it belly flopped into the deck.....I had the posh L series lens on a D400 body and was looking away (so not down the viewfinder) and just turned round and pressed the button hoping I'd get lucky.

tjd2000.jpg

A rubbish shot just caught the moment of impact. I kept the finger down.....

tjd3000.jpg

...and just got lucky. I think the lens helped really.

Now you might say that this is a terrible shot to be proud of? Well, I'm not really proud as such but it's a lesson in luck and always having the camera on the rapid fire 'sport setting' just in case.

It's kind of eerily fascinating too though. Amongst other things, you can pick out a servo in flight.

John repaired the model and it's presently hanging from the ceiling in the shop.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 29/06/2012 16:19:49

• Sad 1

b-25final.jpg

This one was taken by Mrs. Eck at our Open Day last month.

She used a Canon Eos D300 with a Canon 55-250mm zoom lens.

Cropped in Photoshop.

The model, which belongs to Graham from the Aberdeen Club, is

now under repair and will fly again.

• Sad 1

Danny's last one is brilliant...

Every shot I take, no matter how 'arty' I get, doesn't have any soul, for want of a better description.. I put this down to the point n shot camera's that dont have the settings mentioned in the camera post...

The one's I like aren't going to impress, especially on a flying site, but they're the only ones that I think have a 'mood'.... All too dark, and the forth isn't even in focus.. !!

Close ups of my 1/8 Landy, after I 'scaled' it.. Which i'm really chuffed with..

They work, for me, as a 'teaser' to a full pic, plus I like the 'dazzle' from the lights..

landy 02 front lights corner 1.jpg

landy 03 no plate light 1.jpg

landy 04 os top wing vent 01.jpg

landy 05 grill mesh n fan.jpg

Luv

Point-n-hope Chrisie.. xx

Posted by Cyclicscooby on 29/06/2012 16:40:25:

Danny's last one is brilliant...

Thanks Chrisie, I sat and waited for hours for the models to allign perfectly like that Chrisie..........not! its just luck as others have said at least 20 - 1 ratio. I took 1300 pics that day........

side on is probably going to be boring try and get a shot when the wing is raised nearly always looks good.

Cheers

Danny

Do on-board aerial pics count..?? These tell a story in five pics...

I recently made an error, and came out of a spin, downwind, on a V. windy day, resulting in a 'scraping' with the ground, and loss of key-fob camera.... Here's it's view of the incident..

Ground approaching.. FAST..

vlcsnap-keyfob crashing 01.jpg

Hitting the deck...

vlcsnap-keyfob crashing 02.jpg

Followed by 2 seconds of black n white lines..!!! A camera equivalent to seeing stars I suppose..

vlcsnap-keyfob crashing 03.jpg

Then Blurry, Too close, Grass for 2mins, before I found it...

vlcsnap-keyfob crashing 04.jpg

Finally, my curious face, as I found it... Complete with Head-cam, before you ask..

vlcsnap-keyfob crashing 05.jpg

Luv

Chrisie.. xx

Edited By Cyclicscooby on 29/06/2012 17:26:36

Absolutely none taken BBC...

Key-fob, is a small video n stills camera that looks like a car alarm key-fob.. It's for covert serveilance, like the pen and button camera's, etc, but we attach them to planes, cuz they're cheap (£30 GB) light, and small... Mines only half-HD @ 720p, but full HD versions are available online..

I'd love to post a pic for you, but it already looks like 'Chrisie's Slide Show', so I'll refrain..

HTH's..

Luv

Chrisie.. xx