Model flying photos you're proud of

From the days of film - as mentioned on another thread we took rather fewer shots in those days and hoped for a bit of luck rather than just rattling off 10 or 20 shots at a time! Sometimes you'd get the result you wanted - though often not! This is a scan from the whole print of the original - not cropped.

cplr1.jpg

Canon AE-1 with 80-300mm zoom lens - make long since forgotten! Shot at the Sandown Show, May 2000.  Pilot was Christophe Paysant Le Roux

Edited By John Privett on 29/06/2012 21:25:37

I like these for different reasons.

This one because I'm proud to say that I navigated the Standedge tunnel. Three miles long, nine feet wide and very little headroom. Potholing by boat!

dsc_0626.jpg

This one because the light was fading, and getting the balance was tricky.

dsc_0419.jpg

This one was taken by Ann, my partner, at our grandaughter's gymnastics grading at Lilleshall. Poor lighting, low shutter speed, but I think her timing was spot on, and she caught the moment exactly.

dsc_0027.jpg

And finally, a modelling one. Tom Sharp's Toledo Special filling the frame using my birthday present, a Sigma 80-300mm lens on my Nikon D40. All others taken with the standard Nikon 28-55mm lens.

dsc_0036.jpg

• Like 1

I'd like to add another please.

This is a very emotional one for me. These two chaps are clearly in their element and the one in the yellow jacket is my great friend Dave Cruickshank a few months before he died. One of the last photos ever taken of him and has captured so much of his character, I am proud of that.

icleon2.jpg

Just out a matter of interest the owner of the Comet whose name escapes me at the moment........why can't i remember his name, this man is famous, he has been on Top Gear........I must be getting old my memory is not what it wascrying......... anyway i showed him the photo, he liked so much he wanted a copy and he insisted on paying me for itas well. i got £10....... resultsmiley

Steve Holland.......... yes you are right, it all comes flooding back, i took loads of shots of the ccomet that day but this is the one i like the most, i particularly like the pilot he has in it, i don't know but it looks like the great man himself