The 'share your photos' thread (not model flying)

Apart from modelling I photograph anyhing that appeals really, here's a few from recent folders as you'll see they're of a pretty eclectic taste from flora and fauna to local events the family pets etc. Ihave in the past done a couple of weddings but that is seriously high pressure and hopefully will not be doing any more.

P.S. Sorry chaps I just can't get my thumnails on here to stay in the correct ratiofrown

Edit CB - to remove width and height numbers from the image properties.

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 02/07/2012 09:55:09

I am a wildlife recorder and a member of our local Natural History group (CAN) and consequently do a bit of wildlfe photography.

This shot of a Soukern Hawker took me 5 hours to capture, waiting and stalking on its (fairly) regular patrol. Its a full frame (not cropped) image taken with a 300mm lens.

southern_hawker_small.jpg

Very rewarding.

Martyn

• Like 1

Here is another shot I took with my faithful Minolta at the prime focus of a 200mm f4 telescope.

It is a stacked image of 24 seperate exposures each of 30 secs at 1600ASA, ie a total of 12 minutes exposure using the telscope on an equatorial mount that allows the object to be tracked - so no star trails.

m42_20080211.jpg

It is M42 - the Great Orion Nebula. With some monitors, you can detect extended red around the left of the bright area - this show Hydrogen Gas emitting radiation, the blue is hydrogen gas reflecting radiation. From this you can deduce the location of the stars in relation to the surrounding gas. The red is Hydrogen Alpha - unfortunately mainly blocked by the IR/UV filter in front of the CCD on the camera.

Martyn

Edited By Martyn K on 02/07/2012 13:44:34

Possibly the last one...

This was taken at the 2002 British Grand Prix (At Donnington) through the chainlink catch fence. Its actually an image on film smile o in the days when it was too expensive not to make photos count.

Minolta 7x with the 300mm lens again..

Alex Barros on the Honda NSR500 in the last year of racing.

Alex Barros on a Honda NSR 500

Very pleased with this for a bike that is doing about 150mph. It's pin sharp - you can read all the sponsor logos on the swinging arm

Regards

Martyn

100_0248.jpg

Taken in Sri Lanka and demonstrates the dangers of mixing last nights curry with hot coals.

As for the Shard, I have been lucky enough to watch it being built and was there today when (according to the BBC) a window cleaner was in dire peril when the basket he was in swung out of control on the top of the tower. Load of tripe as the cleaners had rigged out the basket okay to begin but due to high winds it had become twisted. A worker then got into the basket to stabilise it and bring it back to it's cradle. Job well done.

With tears in my eyes, I had to nominate one of my team to go up and check all was well. He got to the 82nd floor and said he could see the Dartford crossing.

I don't speak to him now.....

I tried multiple photos but they came out sid by side.

What am I doing wrong????

Edited By Spice Cat on 02/07/2012 21:44:57