The 'share your photos' thread (not model flying)

One I did for an informal photocomp we used to have on the intranet at my previous workplace. Ken, Pat and the rest of the HTP will recognise the subject instantly.

saintmarys.jpg

The theme of the comp that month (heck, it was 6 years ago!) was "After Dark" and it's a 5-second time exposure in the rain, well after sunset.

Edited By John Privett on 02/07/2012 21:59:28

Right-ho, let's have another bash at this.....

I spent several years as a photography nerd - even joining the local camera club for a season or two. All pretentiously twee.

Several years as a part-time wedding and portrait snapper. Had my own darkroom (mono and colour), but didn't enjoy that side of the hobby very much at all. Far better to pay someone else to do the smelly stuff! Mind you, I have an equal dislike of image processing on the PC, so I tend to limit myself to basic cropping, contrast etc. Have no clue about layers, curves etc and no desire to get involved with all that stuff.

I've always had an eye for patterns and repetitions too...

Oh, and the occasional lanscape too......

Thanks for looking!

tim

Posted by Spice Cat on 02/07/2012 21:41:59:

100_0248.jpg

Taken in Sri Lanka and demonstrates the dangers of mixing last nights curry with hot coals.

As for the Shard, I have been lucky enough to watch it being built and was there today when (according to the BBC) a window cleaner was in dire peril when the basket he was in swung out of control on the top of the tower. Load of tripe as the cleaners had rigged out the basket okay to begin but due to high winds it had become twisted. A worker then got into the basket to stabilise it and bring it back to it's cradle. Job well done.

With tears in my eyes, I had to nominate one of my team to go up and check all was well. He got to the 82nd floor and said he could see the Dartford crossing.

I don't speak to him now.....

I tried multiple photos but they came out sid by side.

What am I doing wrong????

Edited By Spice Cat on 02/07/2012 21:44:57

I was at that show a few weeks ago(Tsunami warning week!!!). Srilanka is an awesome place espcially if you like tea. Banished are the RC stuff though...sulk. Got a great photo of the bridge with tuk tuks crossing.

• 1 month later...

Saw the Vulcan for the first time in a few years on Sat at Eastbourne. Couldn't be bothered to take the camera as they tend to fly beyond good 300mm lens range out to sea but snapped this with the iPhone. It was great to hear so many people (who must have never seen a Vulcan) exclaim how big it was. Big and noisy it was smile.

eastbourne12.jpg

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 13/08/2012 08:14:10

Posted by David Ashby - RCME on 13/08/2012 08:13:43:

Saw the Vulcan for the first time in a few years on Sat at Eastbourne. Couldn't be bothered to take the camera as they tend to fly beyond good 300mm lens range out to sea but snapped this with the iPhone. It was great to hear so many people (who must have never seen a Vulcan) exclaim how big it was. Big and noisy it was smile.

eastbourne12.jpg

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 13/08/2012 08:14:10

Nice one there, I'll get some Vulcan shots at Duxford in September.

CS

Posted by David Ashby - RCME on 13/08/2012 08:13:43:

David, if you want to get close then Farnborough is not a bad place! smiley

4860935009_b018846204_o.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...