Autogyro Get togethers

Richard Harris

From time to time during the year a handful of ever increasing UK 'Gyronuts' have a bit of a get together.

I thought it would make good sense to create a thread where this information can be added for anyone else to attend if they so wish as they come about.

The latest get together was held in Leicestershire last Sunday at a very nice club. A good time was had by all.

I spoke to the chap with the big tank, 3 grand it cost him!!!crook

Rich

Edited By Richard Harris on 04/09/2012 23:28:55

Edited By Richard Harris on 04/09/2012 23:29:18

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers Rich - great video.

I have just ordered the plan for FireFly II and am currently trying to drink in as much as I can about these 'planes before I start my build. Not too happy about the balsa bashing for the blades but hopefully it will be easier than it looks?

I am experienced in electric plus slope (read cliff!) soaring but regard this as a venture into the unknown. Here in France I have not seen or heard of model autogyros so when I turn up at the field - hopefully it will be a bit of a surprise for the my French mates!

Oh and I loved the tank by the way.

Peter

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I Live in the south (Dorset) and would be interested in going to this meeting, having recently completing my Dag R2 and successfully test flown it as well as my Spyro 3 it would be good to meet up with fellow gyronuts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
We certainly enjoyed the day, its always nice to put faces to names and aliases and to enjoy a shared interest. The only slight fly in the ointment was the grumpy jogger who thought he had more right to be there than us. I wouldn't dare repeat Ash's (one of members) put down but it was related to sun tans! By the way we've been using that site for 40 years so maybe we have some rights. It was nice to have a Hobbit visit its ancestral home.We'll certainly do it again next year, but hopefully on a new site its a bit disconcerting when families wander across the strip and a 3D helicopter is used as a dog exercising machine!
Martin

• 1 month later...

New date for your diaries , Sunday 15th September for an Autogyro flyin at our club field- Heart of England Aero Modellers.

We are located near Hampton in Arden, just outside Solihull in the West Midlands.

Formal would be informal flyin off the peg

Hope to see you all there and I will add more details shortly

Posted by Foamie Dave on 14/08/2013 19:00:24:
Posted by Cali on 14/08/2013 03:38:21:

would have been there but I value my life too muchfrown

Calisadsad

Can we borrow the big Benson then....smile p

Dave If someone wants to pop across and pick it up "yes"indecision uuummmm maybesmile p Will it come back in one piecequestion

Cali

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

So here we go with the details of our first Flyin On Sept 15th:

Location is at our club flying site which is located behind the Patrick's Farm Craft Centre entrance - Large Green Gates off the B4104 east of Hampton in Arden. Postcode B92 0LT. Once you are through these which should be open turn right then follow the lane, through some silver farm gates and then along the lane a few mettres til you see our parking site. Park up and walk up the ramp into the field. Arrows on the day will show the way....

Format for the day will be informal fly off the peg, without transmitter control if your 2.4. If your 35Mz then we operate a peg board system - peg on to fly.

Pilot's briefing and welcome at 10.00am with flying from 10.30 until 6.00pm if you want.

Club members will also be flying but we will encourage visiting autogyro's to take priority whenever possible.

Hopefully some hot food will be on hand, free at lunchtime and some small refreshments for our guests.

Here are some pics of the site to wet the interest and hopefully a great day and weather to come.

sam_1503.jpg

sam_1504.jpgsam_1505.jpgsam_1506.jpgAny questions mail me on [email protected] or ring/txt me on 0781 4647137

Edited By Steve Jones 2 on 26/08/2013 18:58:36

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on the weather chaps ?. We've just had severe weather warning on the news and Southport Airshow (full size) has been cancelled on the Sunday due to predicted bad weather. crook

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/southport-air-show-cancels-second-5939367

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2419879/UK-weather-Britain-battered-70mph-winds-torrential-downpours-weekend.html

Edited By Foamie Dave on 13/09/2013 19:00:04