Autogyro Get togethers

Richard Harris

Yes Tom, we were like kids in a sweet shop....   warm sun with blue skies, good food and a friendly flying club. smiley

Thanks again Steve to you and the club for making us welcome.

Great photos Dave, considering they are moving when you take the picture, very good indeed. yes

A bit of hedge clipping !!! you say! I don't know how I got away with that. blush

Also chaps, Dave has turned to the dark side!! devil

Regards

Andy

Edited By Andy Nash on 24/09/2013 20:38:46

Cheers for the comps chaps, most humbling embarrassed, although if truth be told I think I have as much fun behind the lens as you fellas at the sticks.

Got it in one MrNash, ah yes the dark side has won me over.wink 2

As you gathered my AG skills are very very limited at best but what an absolute hoot - reminds of why I got into this hobby in the first place. No egos, one -upmanship or rank pullers in sight, just non stop grins and cracking banter all day long.

Yer all a credit to the hobby thumbs up

Fantastic pic record of the day Dave, we were so blessed with the weather window cool

Could not have put it better...... and it was exactly what i thought as i drove home from Winterton.

Panther rebuild nearly complete and what a great name for the model with me at the sticks... Not quite sure how many of the 9 lives I have used up so far !!cheekyteeth 2

Guys, it was a fantastic day for all of us. I am a regular member at HOEA, and I want say a big thanks to you all for coming along and making a good flying day into a far more interesting day. All our members were very appreciative, all those I spoke to were all pleased to see you and your models.

PS. that was me flyng the Fox glider.

By the way I am really hopeful that we can do this again some time, I may even bite the bullet and have a go at building an auto over the winter!

Laurence.

Edited By Laurence Campbell on 30/09/2013 23:53:53

• 1 month later...

Yes in deed Thanks very much for the invite, was great to see all the folks again even though I visited nearly every county in England getting therefrown “that will teach me to try and be smart”crying Great flying site and beautiful countryside, and oh so nice to have a cafe on site, you lucky people!smiley

Thanks also to Rich E for helping me out and being my eyesthumbs up

Cheers Chas!

Cali

• 1 month later...

Big T and Malcolm Coolwinds are trying to plan a Gyro meet at our club site in South Beds. As we have yet to get our landlords and committee permission we cannot be more specific as to exact location. To help with planning we would like some idea of numbers for a Saturday in May 2014. It would be run as BMFA A cert pilots, BMFA insurance, strict 85 dba noise limit. Could anyone interested please PM me so we can get an idea of proffered dates and numbers please.

Regards Tim

Mid Bedfordshire Autogyro Fly In at the Chiltern Model Flying Club Saturday 17th May 2014

CMFC is a private flying site with good access to the M1 and A1. A minimum of BMFA A cert and Insurance is mandatory and will need to shown on the day. Pilots and crew will need to have their name on the attendance list to gain entrance to the secure site. The club has a strict 85 db noise limit which should not present a problem to most of the gyros around. Flying will be from 10:00 hrs to dusk with a pilots briefing at 09:30hrs. We cannot post our web site at the moment as it is down due to a technical issue, but we will post location details nearer the date. But here is a link to the village, if you look to the left you can see our mown patch.

Satellite Image

Just to give a flavour of the site here is a short video

To confirm you invitation please email your details to [email protected]

Thanks

Tim & Malcolm

Edited By Big T on 30/12/2013 14:12:56

Edited By Big T on 30/12/2013 14:15:01

Edited By Big T on 30/12/2013 14:15:50

Edited By Big T on 30/12/2013 14:16:45

Edited By Big T on 30/12/2013 14:19:50

Edited By Big T on 30/12/2013 14:21:43

Mid Bedfordshire Autogyro Fly In at the Chiltern Model Flying Club Saturday 17th May 2014

Further to my previous posting, our Club web site is down due to technical reasons but here is a quote from it giving a description and location.

"We are situated approximately 3 miles north of Luton, near the village of Streatley, with easy access from the M1 (Junction 11 or 12), A1M Junction 8 and the A1081. The site offers suburb facilities, a private 10,000 sq mt mown grass take-off strip set within 22 acres of open farmland, it also benefits from a heated club hut with power and water, as well as ample parking. Gated access through a farm entrance ensures the site is always secure."