You know how it is, you go rumaging in the drawers for something and then stumble across something you forgot you had. I've just come across a little stash of 1300mAh 3s batteries which must have gone in something or other but I obviously don't have it now.

Anyone know of a fun and interesting model I could use them in?

BEB

I use two (one each motor, photos in my album) in my electric conversion of Peter Miller's American Nightmare.

Now a question - as I only take one charger to the field charging two packs is a long job so if I make a lead to charge both together which would be best to Connect them in series and charge as a 6 cell pack or in parrallel and charge as a 3 cell 2600 pack ?

More packe are on order so this may not be a problem when I can take three ready charged sets to the field.

Edited By Mowerman on 17/09/2012 10:32:54

Mowerman I'd think either way would do. Best to make up a lead to sort out balance connections too if you can. The important thing will be that they are both discharged the same amount, which i'd think they would be. Back at home charge the separately to bring both back to a full state of charge, and certainly balance at this point.

BEB how old are these LiPo's? I've certainly had some die or at least reduce in performance purely by storing them a long time. Mine were probably fully charged though, rather than being kept at a storage level.

Oh - Dunno! It says "Ye Olde Batterrie" on them is that a clue?

Seriously I'd guess a couple of years - cos I've forgotten whatever it was they were for!

Lots of interesting suggestions here chaps - many thanks. I'll do a trawl and pick something. Let you know what I end up with. Trouble is I keep looking at one and saying "Oh that's quite nice"...then 10 mins later I look at another one and think "Maybe that one...". I'm a Librian - I'm told we are good at making decision - but I'm not sure if that's true or not. wink 2

BEB

I would charge as 3s 2600 as most chargers are max 50Watt output and the highr voltage reduces the max amps that the charger will produce therefore lengthening the charging period. Might not be an issue with such low Mah packs but worth keeping in mind.

Theory is 50W/12.6V=3.96A max charge rate or 50W/25.2V=1.9A.

These are obviously the numbers at the end of the charge and slightly higher charge rate will apply at the start of the charge process.

This is much worse with higher Mah batteries.

Alwyn

Chris,

The difference comes for me as I use a 4 x Multi-charger but each channel is still only 50 Watts. This means that charging larger packs ie 6s 4000mah I can charge two 3s packs at about 3.8 amps whereas a single 6s will only charge at about 1.9 Amps. These figures will be higher at the start of the charge whilst the voltage is lower but still comparably lower for the 6s, so it takes longer to charge. I know this as I have a 6s set-up for which I use either a single 6s pack or 2 x 3s packs. It takes a lot longer to re-charge the single 6s.

Alwyn

I used a 1500 on this

What is it, well 36" spars, 10" Eppler 205 template of a Sagitta 100s, a carbon 1/4" tailboom, inspiration from a Electro Whizz, and pinched IP from profile models through the ages, a spare E-max motor.

I guess surprisngly it flew very well on the set up, so I upped the battery to ever greater capacity. So development goes on.