And now for something completely different.

Why don't you use them to power your field starter motor rather than plug into a power box/12V gel as normal. I recently added a mount to the bottom of my starter then fitted with a velcro strip and strap a 3S 4000mah Lipo. Having tested this on the meter, you'd be amazed how little Amps is pulled by the starter during normal operation. I would say a 1300mah 3S lipo would be good for a good days's flying, i.e 8-10 starts.

I can send pictures if you like. Having a 'wireless' starter and rechargeable glow stick, doesn't half make it a damn site safer when starting my bigger engines.

Chris

On the original topic of 1300 3S LiPos, I have a few and find them useful. My Britflight Hustle uses a 1300, as does my Ironic (what?) and a model I built from another mag free plan about four years ago. The Ironic was designed by a chap called Graham McAllister and kitted about 10 years ago as one of his GMD design range. My model originally had a geared speed 400 with NiCads, then a small brushless and currently has a Pelikan Ray C2830/12 which flies it very well. I use the Ironic for aerial photography.