'UnCanny'

The light in question may be a little on the heavyside Chris.

I have almost completed the back end, it's finished off with a piece of 2mm thick birch ply and the 2200kv motor mounts to it.

img_1617.jpg

Fuselage segments were tack glued together and they have been sanded as one, they are now split again and will need locators fitting and magnets to secure.

Nose was made up with a balsa block and slapped on the front before carving and sanding to shape.

Found these 'Festive' pilots in the pound shop for a reasonable, just can't remember the price. May make up a pair of goggles to finish him off in readiness for his club 20 debute.

img_1618.jpg

img_1619.jpg

Rich

Well that is it, bar for a few minor things and a final dust down it's ready to be covered. Managed to get the torque rods buried in for the elevator and ailerons today plus I have made up larger fins.

It looks like it will weigh aroound the 600g mark, motor set up was tested today and its pulling 180 watts @ 20A on a 3 cell (not sure if it is fully charged) Lipo swinging a 6x4 apc prop.

Being more autorotational since the electric revolution has accelerated and pretty happy with selecting set ups for these I always seem to struggle at guessing fixed wing. When I hold the model in my hand with full power applied, to me it seems like there is enough thrust but it is quite high reving to what I am used too.

So my question is will it give me enough oooompphhhh??

img_1620.jpg

img_1621.jpg

Rich

Robin,

If it does fly and I am pleased it would be nice to share it with others so if this is the case I may well contact a mag to see if it is worthy of publishing. But it was not really intended with this idea in mind, I just wanted to have a go at my own canard after the talk of club 20 a few weeks back.

Rich

Olly,

And if it isn't I can send you my sketches to have a gothumbs up

Well apparently my life began on Sunday as I hit 40, Saturady night I had a surprise party down at the local...I hadn't got a clue! 3 Formites attended and made me, well lets say a fitting hat! a big thanks to these chaps.

birthday hat.jpg

Along with a cake made by my little sister

img_1626.jpg

Quite a few clubbed together and I have got me an hours trial flight in an autogyro!!! that I am looking forward too for obvious reasons wink 2

One of my club mates Martyn Kaye who I have known for years is without doubt the besy model engineer I know, I was speechless when he gave me one of his own made 0.2cc Mills replicas. He has made 6 of these little things and this is number 6. It has a bore of 5.5mm, stroke of 8.3mm and weighs a whooping 21g!! so I d=must make a model for this little gem.

img_1627.jpg

Ok I ought to get back on track, I am about 75% into the covering job with UnCanny, World Models LiTex and Toughlon has been used. Should have this up and ready for the weekend, I will post a finished photo when I am done.

img_1625.jpg

Rich (over the hill)

Edited By Richard Harris on 29/10/2012 14:55:37

Edited By Richard Harris on 29/10/2012 15:00:28

Cheers Boys!!

Well 'UnCanny' is completed, I added some lettering and cheques last night plus a pop bottle canopy. I have to say I am really chuffed with the way it has turned out, it has been different to design a fix wing from the ground up. If it flies then that will just be a bonus, it's got two chances!

May not be this weekend as I could well be spannering under my car for it's MOT, but rest assured when it does get up the field there will be a camera rolling whatever the outcome.

Ok all this fixed wing talk has got me thinking of a fast jet perhaps as a next project......

A few photos with the last one next to my Candice built 'cough cough' years ago.

Rich

img_1629.jpg

img_1630.jpg

img_1632.jpg

img_1631.jpg

img_1634.jpg

img_1636.jpg

img_1635.jpg

img_1639.jpg