Precedent Stampe 1/4 Scale

cymaz

Bought the kit off ebay. Will fit a laser 150 in it with Sonic Tronics on board glow. The undercarriage is from Falcon Aviation off their Tiger moth kit and will be slightly modified. Fibreglass cowl from Scottish Border Models.

Colour scheme will be based on G-AYGE

Photos to follow

Nooooo! I must not buy one, I must not buy one, I must not buy one,I must not buy one, I must not buy one, I must not buy one,I must not buy one, I must not buy one, I must not buy one,I must not buy one, I must not buy one, I must not buy one,I must not buy one, I must not buy one, I must not buy one,I must not buy one, I must not buy one, I must not buy one,I must not buy one, I must not buy one, I must not buy one,I must not buy one, I must not buy one, I must not buy one,I must not buy one, I must not buy one, I must not buy one,I must not buy one, I must not buy one, I must not buy one,I must not buy one, I must not buy one, I must not buy one,I must not buy one, I must not buy one, I must not buy one,I must not buy one, I must not buy one, I must not buy one,I must not buy one, I must not buy one, I must not buy one,I must not buy one, I must not buy one, I must not buy one,I must not buy one, I must not buy one, I must not buy one,I must not buy one, I must not buy one, I must not buy one.

• Haha 1

My father was chief engineer for RAT (Rothmans Aerobatic Team) and they started out with Stampes before moving onto the Pitts Specials. He had to re-assemble the aircraft all around the world when on tour. I seem to remember they had an Islander as the crew bus.

So WHEN I do one it will be in Rothmans colors. But not yet.

Anyway, sorry for stealing the thread, back to you and G-AYGE embarrassed

Cheers

Danny

Edited By Danny Fenton on 30/10/2012 13:48:37

The build will be slow but I will post regularly as best I can. Hopefully I will start on the cowl frame this weekend. I have been allowed to use the spare room upstairs in the warm and dry, so no more holding the epoxy up against the light bulb trying to get it to flow.

I may get stuck now and again so I will need some help along the way if thats OK.

build 001.jpg

Edited By cymaz on 30/10/2012 13:57:35

Oh one thing to watch out for, the firewall is tiny, you may struggle to fit a laser 150 without some serious mods to it, i'm struggling with a laser 100, already cut and moved the firewall back 15mm but its still too narrow, only 75mm plus 2x6mm uprights either side which are just in the right place to be in the way of any bolts

Yes I wondered about the firewall. I could get a mate to make a radial mount that fits onto the engine rails.

I hope to make the cowl frame and slip it inside the fibreglass one. That way I could fix the frame to the fus and then attach cooling baffles and the exhaust extension to that.

The build will be painfully slow everyone, doing 5 x 13hr shifts is a real pain. Why does so much work get in the way of so little flying and buildingangry 2

Sorry my mistake it is Falcon Models for the pictures but the firm is the sameembarrassed.

Made up the cowl frame and sanded it so it will fit into the fibreglass cowl. The frame will hopefully take the engine baffles and the exhaust mounting.

build 006.jpg

build 007.jpg

The crutch assembly doublers all glued up with epoxy.

build 008.jpg

Edited By cymaz on 01/11/2012 11:10:38

Started to glue up the crutch today ( no laughing at the back please ). Dry fitted parts at marked them on the former. I will glue a few at a time, that way its all firm rather than juggle 6 parts at once. Don't forget to drill all holes in formers before glueing up. Also the fire wall will have to be moved back somewhat to get the Laser 150 in. This means the stock 14oz tank from Slec won't fit..too long. Found THIS should be just the job.

dscn5532.jpg

dscn5533.jpg