Precedent Stampe 1/4 Scale

cymaz

Sorry about the delay, but got em out and checked em, yes 61mm at the tip, although for some reason one of my wings is now 63mm, i don't think 2mm should make much difference over 82" lol

After looking at mine again (not seen it for a couple of weeks) I really wish I could just scrap it and start again, b ut its too close to the line now, but I may invest in another kit from slec once this one is done and try again

Inaccurate plans and cut parts have put many people off building from plans, it nearly put me off building. it took some time trolling around to find out who did accurate plans, hence accurate cut parts. I think a few companies have seen this hand have revised things and i hope this is so in this case, is it an old Precedent kit ?

stiff upper lip, keep going and you shall overcome and have a nice flying model in the end.teeth 2

Today roughed up the elevator and stabiliser with the Robart 3/8" pin hinges. I do the holes before the final sanding so the holes don't move. Also I have the Robart drilling jig which makes things so much easier. The elevator joiner is also roughed in and fits well.

006.jpg All hinges line up well

007.jpg The control horn should be well hiddenin the fuselage but we'll see.

010.jpg Lots of down, no binding

011.jpg Lots of up too

Nice looking dash!

Mine is also the original Precedent kit and I know exactly what you mean, i must have remade about 60% of the parts including a lot of wing ribs, and like I said in an earlierpost, watch out for those cabane wires, mine were nowhere near correct and I didn't check them before fitting and building up around them, now the top wing sits at a funny angle to the tailplane, which is fixable with blocks under the mounting but not ideal.

I notice you have made the tips from block on the stab, mine told me to laminate up using 3/16th strip

photo (4).jpgphoto (3).jpgHi i just came across your build, I started my Precedent Stampe 5 weeks ago, its a new kit from Sussex Modles

Hi I just came across your build, I started my Precedent Stampe about 5 weeks ago, it’s a new kit from Sussex Models and I’m having problems with parts not fitting properly. I’ve only made the fuselage so far and this took ages to line up and get right, the instructions are VERY basic.

I’ve just ordered a new under carriage from Falcon I had already made the piano wire one but I’ll remove this a replace it with the new one. I’ll also double check the cabane wires and make sure it all lines up now before I go any further.

I’ll post more pics as I progress, but seeing yours I have a full cockpit and one of those Hanger 9 pilots.

Great work on the build blog so fate I must say you are a fast builder

To save building two cockpits, I will cover the front one with lithoplate and make a hinged cover for it. This will be somewhere to put the remote glow. Like this

John, be prepared to modify the falcon undercart by shortening the front brace arms, adding brackets on the fus formers etc. But I expect you knew you had to do that. My Falcon undercart came with the tail wheel bracket,hope yours does.

It's looking good. Yes I realised I needed to do some metal work and build a new mounting for the undercarriage, but I think the extra work is worth it. I also intend to build working cockpit doors.

I measured the 4 cabane wires to see if they were okay and would you believe the rear two are different lengths by 3mm, so thanks to Dylan for pointing this out, this is a new kit so some of the old problems are still there, well see how we get on with the wing ribs and other parts.

Today built some wing rib doublers out of ply left over from the die-cut sheets. Thought this would be a good idea to add some strength around the servo mounts. Roughed in the tail wheel which fits nicely and will just be covered with a small piece of painted litho plate.

wing rib doublers.jpg

2012-12-05 001 004.jpg

Edited By cymaz on 05/12/2012 10:50:05

Started on the wings proper yesterday. OMG nothing fits nothing is the correct shape. Drastic measures are called for. As my club pal Cyril kepps telling me "its the wing that flies the bloody plane!!!!!", which of course, he is right.

So can't afford to build 2 duff wings let alone 1.

Anyway back to drastic measures. Spoke to Richard at Falcon Aviation. He is a brilliant chap at cutting stuff out from plans. (He did a major rework on my General Western Meteor-but I digress).

Sent all the plans off to him yesterday and he and I will talk at length over the next few weeks about him doing me a set of wings that will fit together. I gather he has on file 4500 plans which he can cut for you.

So build on hold for a while but I'm sure we'll get on track soon.

Edited By cymaz on 07/12/2012 09:17:24

Hi, you have me worried now about my wings now, although it's a new kit things might not have changed. I'll have a look at my wing parts properly over the weekend and let you know what they are like. Can you tell me what I should look out for to see if the problems are still there.
The undercharge arrived today from Falcon, very nice well worth the investment, and the tail wheel assembly came with it.

Cymaz, thanks looking forward to seeing the pics of the modified undercart, I know its very cheeky to ask but if your mate wants, and if he is happy to I'd like to ask if he can make some brackets for me too, I'm more than happy to pay for his time and any parts. I hope you don't mind me asking you this.
I haven't managed to look at my wing parts yet, it's been a busy weekend with the kids,"......parties, swimming, sunday school, buying Christmas trees, making cakes, and putting the lights up, etc, etc,"......as soon as I do I'll let you know what they are like but I'm hoping as it's a new kit they will be okay.....fingers crossed.