Precedent Stampe 1/4 Scale

cymaz

You see what I meant about the quality of die cutting and parts in the kit now? its a complete ball ache, but I made a template from mdf (8mm) of the ribs and re cut a lot of them from new fresh balsa, although the template may not be exactly the same rib profile as the kit, because i scaled a ClarkY section to the overall length and height of the ribs in the kit and cnc'd it from the mdf at work and used that as a template

John Hill 6 et al , News for you.... Here are some pics of the undercart after 1st fix (bolt holes done and everything lined up and working properly-but nothing epoxied or permanently fixed yet...

dscn5630.jpg

above you can just see the centre bracket on the crucifix for the rear stay.

dscn5627.jpg

dscn5628.jpg

dscn5629.jpg

Hi cymaz, I worked on the wings yesterday and all seams to be fine with them, I've nearly finished the top right one and only had to do very minor adjustments to make everything fit.
Here are some pictures of my progress, as you can see i always like to put a carbon fibre rod at the end of the trailing edge sandwiched between the balsa. This makes it more resistant to hanger rash, adds strength and means you can sand it down to really fine edge. I also built the wing with the aileron in place, I'll cut this out once it's all sanded.

p1010657.jpg

p1010658.jpg

p1010659.jpg

p1010660.jpg

I sent off the plane to Falcon Aviation First Class. The Post Office have not delivered them yet - still its been only 10 days teethclock

Anyway, if I don't hear anything by Jan 6th then i will have to send them off again.

So at the moment I am installing the rudder and elevator servos, pictures to follow.........in a day or two

surprise I see you are suffering from flying withdrawal symptoms.

The build is looking good so far. I will have to get my Hanriot in the air again so we can do a bit of formation flying, I have enough time i think before your ready me thinks, i will have to concentrate on one as I keep flipping between the Fokker DXX1, the Tiger Moth and I am recovering the Jenny as I speak.

The weather might be ok next weekend

Cheers

Great news!!!!

Richard from Falcon Aviation phoned this morning, and he said that the wing plans have arrived. Not bad as I sent them off in the middle of December secret

I have been doing all the fiddley stuff on the fuselage. Stringers, hatches, sheeting. Pictures to follow.

Glad to hear your getting somewhere with your wings, I’ve nearly finished building the top wing I joined it together last night using the 60mm measurement under each wing tip and it was spot on, you can see some pictures of my progress on my profile page.

I’d be interested to see pictures of your fuselage, I’ve been thinking of the best way to make the doors. One idea I had was to glass cloth the entire sheeted area of the front fuselage making the panels for the doors more rigid and thus hold their shape when cutting them out. Another idea was to make them out of glass cloth by laying a protective sheet of plastic where the doors are and then laying up 4/5 layers of glass cloth, these are then perfectly moulded to the shape of the side fuselage. I can’t decide which method to go for, what do you think?

I was going to try and make them from litho plate with dummy piano style hinges, they won't open but it may look ok.

See here.door rear left 1.jpg

This link may be of interest, John, it has really good useful information

Edited By cymaz on 04/01/2013 05:57:00

Edited By cymaz on 04/01/2013 05:57:48