Phil Winks' Tucano

Phil Winks

Thanks Mike. the bty tray is screw fixed to bearers that are glued crossways on the fuse floor at a thickness that fetches the bty close to the underside of the canopy. the tray itself is either lite ply or in my case 1/8th balsa sheet with 0.4mm ply laminated to each face, it has slots cut in it and velcro attached, also a velcrow strap runs through the slots to wrap around the bty.. the bty has the fluffy side of the velcro on the bottom to mate with that on the tray.

tucano build bty mount detail_01.jpg

tucano build bty mount detail.jpg

I have got red hook and loop strips from B&Q, a few pounds for a pack of 10, they are quite long and the "velcro" seems to be reasonable quality. I got them from the section of the shop that has rope and lengths of chain etc that you can cut to length, I guess most stores will be similar.

Edited By WolstonFlyer on 26/06/2013 19:27:31

those velcro strips are great James what I usuall use

Have you found someone to bend that U/C for you if not I'll have a look in my shed see if I need to get some more  wire in

Phil

Edited By Phil Winks on 26/06/2013 19:39:28

Edited By Phil Winks on 26/06/2013 19:50:12

• 3 years later...

Hi Phil. I don't know how many hours mine has got but quite a few. Last time I flew it must have been 18 months ago, when after a short flight it lost power and I had to land it, to find out that the motor had burnt out. I just haven't got around to opening it up and fitting a new one yet. It's one of the few planes that I've never had an incident with and it's as good as when I built it. I think I'll fit a lower Kv motor and a four blade prop. It was way over-powered before and I can afford to lose a bit of efficiency! dscf5116.jpg

good to see a few are still out there, I have to say mine still draws much interest every time she's out at the club and never a mishap with here too though on calm days I do find she tends to come in quite hot, I put it down to the thin wing section producing near zero drag, I'm betting the design slopes quite well Chris.