Ren's Tucano Build

Ren

Thanks Phil. I've done both - Took a little more off the heavier wing and added about 1 gram of lead to the lighter wing so that they are both the same weight and both balance at the same point along the wing.

Looking at the ailerons, is there any good reason why the torque rods could not be extended so that they enter through the bottom of the fuselage? That way the wing would look a lot neater without the wire rods etc showing and no holes in the side of the fuselage?

Posted by Ren on 28/01/2013 09:16:32:

Looking at the ailerons, is there any good reason why the torque rods could not be extended so that they enter through the bottom of the fuselage? That way the wing would look a lot neater without the wire rods etc showing and no holes in the side of the fuselage?

Not sure what you mean here Ren as far as I can see from the plans and build article the torque rods run inside the wing and only stick up through the wing inside the fuselage ! Certainly thats the way they run on my removable wing mod

Phil

Posted by Del Wheatley on 28/01/2013 17:29:11:

The torque rods are fitted into a channel cut into the wing then you hide them with a balsa infill Ren.

Thats how i read the plan anyways.

Del

Me too Del and its exactly how its described in the build article though to be fair I will be hiding a plastic tube in that chanel for the torque rod to run through

Phil

It's me - I was misreading the plans!! There was 1/2 an inch of blank paper between the two halves of the wing on the plans - when I measured betweenv them it appeared that horns just outside the fuselage rather than inside it............silly me!!! You are all spot on - I'm making a groove in the wing and covering it with scrap balsa.

Just shows - read measure - check, measure and repeat before you cut - lol

Many thanks to you both!