MicroWarbirds P51 and FW190 - Ton's build blog and chat

Ton van Munsteren

• 7 months later...

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a suitable motor and speed controller for the Micro war birds in this months RCM&E.

I would love to build it but am confused about the 1510/22 that is recommended.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 26/01/2014 19:15:17

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 26/01/2014 19:18:03

Hi Robert,

Great you like the Mustang please klik rbckits and the pic of the Mustang.

And for the direct email address klik here [email protected] .

Looking forward to pics of your mustang, if theres any question please let me know.

Tommy,

Not sure if its in the article because I don't have the Febr. magazine myself to check.

But measured it on the Mustang and the aileron is 10mm up and down and elevator also 10mm up and down.

This is already very lively and would suggest to start there.

If you want more than it would be better to go for a more powerful motor or go for a smaller batt with 3s because that would make the MicroWarbird bite there own tail.

And to all freeplan builders don't forget to post a pic in "Pics from your free RCME plan build"

Cheers

Ton

Edited By Ton van Munsteren on 26/01/2014 15:59:01

Edited By Ton van Munsteren on 26/01/2014 16:02:14

Hi,
I googled it and came up with this, a 2,200Kv

He also has a website, drop him a line, he replied promptly to my query on motor, but has not got any motors in stock at moment. I will be buying a kit of parts.

I'm also thinking of this for it, ESC built in, weight 11g, (recommended 16g), will see what he says.

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 26/01/2014 18:41:13

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 26/01/2014 19:15:37

Hi John,

Welcome to the forum! That's a very informative first post and I'm sure will be much appreciated by Camthumbs up

I've tidied up those links a bit as it makes life easier for forumites to browse - have a look at the Forum User Guides for some advice on posting links, pics and video etc....smile

Pete

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 26/01/2014 19:15:52

Posted by john Minion on 26/01/2014 17:45:14:

Hi,
I googled it and came up with this, a 2,200Kv

He also has a website, drop him a line, he replied promptly to my query on motor, but has not got any motors in stock at moment. I will be buying a kit of parts.

I'm also thinking of this for it, ESC built in, weight 11g, (recommended 16g), will see what he says.

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 26/01/2014 18:41:13

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 26/01/2014 19:15:37

John,

Sorry I don't have a website my mate Rob Bulk (mr RBCkits) is doing the cnc parts set , Iam only the designer of the MicroWarbirds.

About the motor yes it could work just fine an 11gr motor because the very first Microwarbird had much less power than the 16gr Iam now using. don't think its much fun that you need to do a dive first before you make a loop. The 16gr is also a very good combination for long flight you don't need all the power all the time when flying relax its no problem to fly 15min or more.

Cheers

Ton

Edited By Ton van Munsteren on 27/01/2014 21:26:32

Super little plan Ton. Here is my P51 progress so far. Very quick build with thin CA and balsa I had lying around. I think I used one and a half sheets of 2mm balsa for the fuselage with 2.5mm (or whatever it originally was in imperial) scraps for the wing. I intend using a 10A turnigy plush ESC, 460mAh 2s Lipos, HXT500 servos and this motor **LINK**. I have an original HK flight stabiliser that I might try fitting later on just for fun!

To anybody thinking of building one, just do it. It was such a simple and quick build. Will post more photos when it progresses further.dsc00576.jpg

dsc00579.jpg

Hi DG3,

Thanks for posting the picsyes the Mustang is looking great.

Although its very easy going for the cnc set from rbckits, I must admit that the Mustang is also just the model for those balsa leftovers.

With the motor selected it should go like a rocket Iam sure that will be great fun.

Keep up the good work and looking forward to some more pics.

Cheers

Ton

I agree. If I wasn't off sick from work I wouldn't have had the time to cut out all the parts. CNC parts would definitely save a good few hours.

6mm leading edge dowel fitting this evening. To cut the circular shaped leading edge recesses in the ribs I filed a 6mm piece of scrap copper tube to make it nice and sharp. Worked a treat.

D