Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Really wondering about the Barcelona's testing days even if they're not allowing any public.

But I do hope there will be enough media presence to allow us some info though.

Really amused by how they are all 'hiding'  their info.

The 'sand bagging' is probably keeping us mere mortals till the Bahrain tests to give us some more 'real' valuable info...

Cheers

Chris

Hi all,

It seems the Fantasy GP site is 'open' again while offering a slightly different look.

The Forumites league is still here and I was the first one to subscribe to it for 2022.

The game itself is still 'locked' but they announce it will be opened soon after the Barcelona shakedown.

Come on, folks... Get out of that winter sleep asap...

Cheers

Chris

7 hours ago, kc said:

How does one start to enter this?    What are the rules?

I expect a Fittipaldi to be in F1 races this year!   ( yesterday only reserve for Haas tomorrow maybe promoted? )

The site is fantasygp.com - sign-up on it, then search for our league, Modelflying Forumites and the code you'll need to join it is 8397165

In brief, pick your team - but obviously you're limited by the budget available, so choose wisely.  Each race you enter your predictions for the coming race.  You score points based on the performance of your team and also the accuracy (or usually otherwise!) of your predictions.  There's usually a few minor differences in the rules of the game from one year to the next so I won't be more specific!

There's already 7 of us 'on-board.'  Good luck everyone!

3 hours ago, John Tee said:

I'm game for another season. Registered but disppointed it is still only £75 million. Might buy a new set of tyres with that

John

... I think it's 75 millions USD... but I'll have to check again... anyhow it's OK depending on how much the drivers & cars are worth, imo...

??

Hello everyone, just caught up on the thread since I was last here. I’ve created my team and joined the league for this year. Tough isn’t it, choosing a team not knowing how the pecking order will be? Feels like there’s a lot more potential for a shake up of the order with this big change in regs. As the car and driver prices seem mostly based on how they performed last year, there must be a lot of bargains to be had in that list… if only I had a crystal ball.  George Russell looks like good value though, I bet he’s gonna be in many people’s team. 

Mind you I did put a little bet on Verstappen to win WDC last year after testing, which paid out at 4.25:1. But that’s probably all my luck used up.

well, now we have a second test to give us some clues followed by the first race in a fortnight.  Looking forward to it. ?

• Like 1

As John S wrote, picking our cars/teams seems to become quite a challenge this season.

Our budget is going to allow us less combinations, for sure.

With only 10 of us subscribed so far compared to 13 last season, I'm wondering if Pete B, Ade (Flyer) and Stu are still having a nap? ...

Also the possible newcomers seem to be quite 'silent'. Come on Erfolg, Grumpy Gnome, KC (or maybe Gary Manuel and Ron Gray) GET AWAKE...

Cheers

Chris