Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

49 minutes ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

Can't see how you can pick a balanced team this year without going Pro.

Be lower scoring this year.

I agree with John S.

But then, I prefer scoring 'low' than to go 'pro', which I think wasn't the goal of our league.

The balance amongst us being more important than the factual maximum score, imo.

Opinions here? ...

Cheers

Chris

1 hour ago, McG 6969 said:

I agree with John S.

But then, I prefer scoring 'low' than to go 'pro', which I think wasn't the goal of our league.

The balance amongst us being more important than the factual maximum score, imo.

Opinions here? ...

Cheers

Chris

No Pro for me, just a comment on the pricing, It's same for all so no probs.

• Thanks 1

I was disappointed when fantasygp introduced Pro membership, however many years ago. 

If Pro membership just removed the adverts - which do seem more intrusive this year - then I wouldn't mind.  But to be able to buy a chance of better scores is just wrong in my view, in what is a game played for fun.  Pro membership 'unlevels' the playing field. 

It's like cheating at golf - kicking the ball out of the rough and bunkers,  playing second (or third) tee shots when the first shot goes out-of-bounds (and 'forgetting' to add those shots + penalties to the score) claiming 'gimmes' when the ball is 4 feet from the pin - that sort of thing might give people like Trump a decent number on the scorecard, but it doesn't fool anyone!

Anyway,  I hope none of our league members are buying their way to extra points,  or if they are then declare it up front... ?

Edited by John Privett
typo!
  • Like 2

On 08/03/2022 at 13:32, McG 6969 said:

As John S wrote, picking our cars/teams seems to become quite a challenge this season.

Our budget is going to allow us less combinations, for sure.

With only 10 of us subscribed so far compared to 13 last season, I'm wondering if Pete B, Ade (Flyer) and Stu are still having a nap? ...

Also the possible newcomers seem to be quite 'silent'. Come on Erfolg, Grumpy Gnome, KC (or maybe Gary Manuel and Ron Gray) GET AWAKE...

Cheers

Chris

You stirred me into action and I have joined.  Best get a wiggle on and pink a team.......

• Like 1

Well Mercedes have certainly caused a bit of a stir with their side pods and cooling system! The only photos I've seen it looks a bit fragile. Must admit it's going to be difficult to budget without pro but glad that we are sticking to the standard money.

Not chosen my team yet but at present I don't think it will be much different from last year. 

Good luck all.

13 hours ago, GrumpyGnome said:

Done. For the one and only time, I am top of the league!

Welcome aboard!  Up to 11 of us now,  and still room for plenty more - new players or old regulars,  all are welcome! 

Now...  as for you being top of the league,  all of us see ourselves in top position - just a little trick that fantasygp play on us before any points are scored! ?

• Like 1

Mercedes have continued to flex their considerable muscle. I personally would not be sorry to see them go, it is a pity that the organisers have been accommodating them, when ever they imply they are so unhappy that they may could consider their position. I think it was only last week that they threatened to roll out their legal team yet again. 

The only real hope is that fuel change suits their engine more than the others, given the hold on engine modifications.

Not sure I'd agree Mercedes have been flexing their muscles..... must have missed something.

Unfortunately caught some of a Christian Horner interview for Radio 5 - he just couldn't stop having digs at Mercedes, and especially TW.  Irrelevant as it is, I don't like Red Bull, Marko whatever, CH or MV - tv usually gets muted/fast forwarded when they are on ?

Not been following the sport lately, but am I wrong that Farrari get special funding rights as a founder member. Why not kick them.

All winners, in all sports, bend rules until they creak. It separates them from First Losers.

Do you expect, the BOSS, to opine, “oh well, got trashed, come on, a curry on me, never mind, can’t design, develop, drive anything that’s better than a Morris 1000, given 40 years you might get third, heads up lads”

... if John S is considering the 'reds' for his team, the world must just have gone 'mad'...

Why not just sticking to the 'dark blue', John? ... (sorry, GG).

They gave you a lot of rewards last season and Mr Newey only just had one year of experience added to his 'background'.

Cheers

Chris