Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Good point Rob - don't forget to do your predictions! There's valuable points to be won (or not!) there...

You can enter predictions for the next race as soon as the previous race weekend is over, and you can change the predictions as often as you like until the cutoff point. That used to be an hour before qualifying starts, but I think that's now been relaxed so you can change predictions right up to the start of quali. So it's worth putting in a set of "banker" predictions early on and you can then change them later if you want.

There seems to be a bit of a technical issue with the display of our league on the badger site at the moment - I've raised it with them, hopefully it will be sorted soon.

Posted by John Privett on 24/02/2013 11:52:02:

There seems to be a bit of a technical issue with the display of our league on the badger site at the moment - I've raised it with them, hopefully it will be sorted soon.

Ian - it looks like you've entered two teams with almost identical names, IPJnet F1 and IPjnet F1. I suspect that might be what is confusing the badger site! I'm not sure if you can delete one of them, if not you might find their site admin remove one for you, or contact you about removing/renaming one.

OK folks... Technical glitches have now been fixed by the Badger team, we're now up and running with a very respectable 8 teams in the mini-league.

Welcome to the recent arrivals in the league, Rob's "F1 Legends", Ian's "IPjnet F1" and I wonder which forum member has entered "Speedbird Concorde F1"? teeth 2

And, of course, still room for more entrants!

Edited By John Privett on 24/02/2013 12:48:57

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick reminder for those who have entered the forum mini-league on badgergp.com. Don't forget to enter your predictions for Australia! There are valuable points to be won for correct predictions.

And for those F1 fans who haven't yet entered our mini-league, why not?! There's still time, so get along to badgergp.com and sign up. (For more info, have a look at the FAQs.)

Don't forget too that for the first two races you can make as many team changes as you want for "free". After the first 2 races you can make 3 further team changes without penalty. Any more changes will then cost you 25 points!

After each race I'll post the mini-league chart in this thread as soon as I see that badger have updated it. From previous years, the update on badger is usually a few hours after the end of the race, occasionally it's not updated until the following day - I guess it depends how busy the site owner is, and whether or not he's travelling back from attending one of the races!

Didn't rate the race, I'm afraid - a bit processional with tyres dictating the result. My predictions would have been fine if the race result had been the same as the quali 1-2-3sad - and it didn't help having a non-starting driver!

Better luck next week! smile pteeth 2

Pete

Seems to be a glitch at the moment, Ian - I made some changes and lost all my points - went from 6thembarrassed to last...embarrassedembarrassed

Others are reporting the same so I hope it will be fixed soon.

What are others' view on me editing the thread title to incorporate a Fantasy League reference?

Pete

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 17/03/2013 09:51:05

Well, we're underway at last! Not perhaps the most exciting race, but a good drive from Raikkonen making the two-stop strategy work. I thought we were in for a Red Bull dominated race, so quite pleased to see that not happen! Ferrari look like being a force to be reckoned with, with Mercedes perhaps having a bit of work to do still. But very early days, and the cold, wet conditions are not representative of the rest of the season. See what happens next week in Malaysia!

Mini-league wise, a good start from Rob, with Robin snapping at his heels. Not sure where Pete's points went to - hopefully Adam at badgergp will get it fixed quickly!

Pete - yes, good idea, please add a reference to Fantasy Formula 1 in the thread title.

Ian - no you can't see (on the badger site) what teams others have picked. You can ask them directly, but be prepared for a blunt reply! teeth 2 I'm sure some of us may drop hints from time to time as to our selections and strategy (or lack of!)

Now, I'm not sure if I can post a table in here without the formatting getting totally mucked up! So bear with me - this is only provisional of course, until Pete gets his points back!

Pos

Team

Manager

Pts

F1 Legends

Rob Lewis

Roos Racers

rk295

JohnPs plodders

JohnP

TeamTyphoon

typhoontone

Norfolk Flyers

nss

Speedbird Concorde F1

Jacob Cleverley

IPjnet F1

Ian Jones

Revers Racing

Pete B

Great,  it seems I can.  A word of encouragement to those who find themselves near the bottom of the table,  the difference between an insipred, mega-points scoring selection and a total disaster can often be very small!

Edited By John Privett on 17/03/2013 11:21:42

Edited By John Privett on 17/03/2013 11:30:06