Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

I do not think he was cruising when he came out of the pit stop (Webber), what ever he now says. He knew that Vettel was after 1st place. He would have liked to cruise for certain.

What happened is what many fans have thought should be the situation for some time. Although it was apparent and suspected, as David Culthard confirmed, that there have been team orders for many yeas, before the rules permitting team orders.

To some extent, I can see how you as the miscreant could justify his actions. That is Webber backed him up earlier to Louis. I did not want that to happen again, blah, blah. Instead Vettel was shame faced and apologetic.

If I were the team, I think my money would be firmly on Vettel, rather than Webber. Webber being rather lack lustre in general.

If I were Louis's team mate, I would be annoyed. Louis being very much less able to race, being under fuelled. No doubt to gain initial competitiveness, probably doubting they would be there at the end.

Early days yet. Will Alonso come back strongly, I bet he will. I feel for Jenson, short changed by his car. There is still a big question mark with Mercedes, I suspect Rosberg will have the beating of Louis if allowed. I guess the question there is, "which driver winning makes the biggest contribution to the Mercedes brand"?

Joint first, is there anyway I can pass this off as a game of skill rather than luck? I fear not wink I expect this will not continue for very long.

I thought it was a good race today, marred a bit by the politics towards the end. Had to feel sorry for Di Resta and Button both having a torrid time with those damn wheel nuts. Is it a cooincidence or have some of the teams switched to a new design, anybody know?

Felt particulary sorry for Paul because he was comfortably beeting Sutil for most of the time he was on track, I bet Vijay is sobbing into his Kingfisher!

r.

• 3 weeks later...

OK everybody, now DON'T FORGET YOUR PREDICTIONS!

Qualifying for China starts at 7am tomorrow morning, with some interesting results in the two practice sessions so far.

P1 was headed by the 2 Mercedes, with Red Bull in 3 & 4 - Webber being slightly faster than Vettel. P2 saw Massa set fastest time, ahead of Raikkonen and Alonso. Red bull well off the pace with Webber 5th and Vettel 10th. Can I predict somebody other than Vettel for pole then? teeth 2

So get your predictions in if you haven't already, and set your alarm clocks for tomorrow morning!

Posted by ConcordeSpeedbird on 12/04/2013 22:44:35:

I can't seem to find a function where I can predict that the Red Bull drivers will crash nto eachother...

Ah yes, for that I think you just add 1 to the value you previously had in mind for the number of safety car periods! teeth 2

As for choosing drivers you think will do well rather than those you want to do well.... tricky, isn't it!

Pete, I think you are right. Nice to see him at the top!

Has anybody else noticed the increase use in aero paint this season? I have to admit I've never seen it before this year, but now see appearing quite often in pictures from Friday practice. Possibly the increase in use is down to the reduction of wind tunnel time the teams are allowed to use.

Just thought I'd mention it because it strikes me as clever stuff!

Little pic showing it on Buttons car, so you can see what it is like if you've never seen it.

F1 Aero paint

Hmm, curious qualifying session... But after all the 'upside-down' practice times, Massa didn't qualify ahead of Alonso, Webber (oops...) didn't qualify ahead of Vettel, and Rosberg didn't qualify ahead of Hamilton. But what about the tyre advantage for those qualifying lower down, but on the mediums? It's going to be an interesting race.

Edited By John Privett on 13/04/2013 08:12:35

I just wondered if anyone in motor racing has ever tried using a sharkskin effect on the bodywork, it has been shown to reduce drag on aircraft. (But possibly not on competition swimmers), Might make the sponsors logos look a bit fuzzy though. Thinking more of sports cars than F1.

Well the results are up already on badger, and here's our league table;

Pos

Team

Manager

Pts

Roos Racers

rk295

JohnPs plodders

JohnP

TeamTyphoon

typhoontone

F1 Legends

Rob Lewis

Norfolk Flyers

nss

Revers Racing

Pete B

Speedbird Concorde F1

Jacob Cleverley

IPjnet F1

Ian Jones

So Roos Racers has slipped past me into the lead, with Team Typhoon and F1 Legends not far behind.

With a few investigations in hand with the stewards I guess the result could change - so the above is provisional pending any penalties the stewards may hand out.

Not as good as had hoped, thanks to Sutil as one of my drivers and Webber and Rosberg for two of my teams. Good race, Hamilton and Button drove cars that were not that quick well, but Button and lots of other drivers are still waiting for the steward's verdict. I need to catch up and get to the top with my points, whether or not that will happen is a different story!

CS

OK, customary reminder time!

Qualifying is at a rather more civilised hour of the day tomorrow, but don't forget to get your predictions entered before then! And if you want you can wait until P3 is finished tomorrow lunchtime.

Even if you only get one prediction right (like I did last time) that's still another 25 points - could make the difference at the end of the season...

Hi everyone. I can't believe it I started the thread and then missed out. So busy with other stuff in my life. I haven't even flown for almosy 3 weeks, although thats mainly down to strong wind! (weather not me!)

Which fantasy league are you in?

I'm in fantasyleagueF1.com

I always do reasonably well getting as high as 7th overall last year about mid season before tailing off to end up 110th. Not bad for saying there are almost 8000 entrants.

I even managed a 1st place in the mini league back in 2010 which should have won me a day racing in single seaters, but living in France coupled with my circumstances I opted for the £300 instead.

This year I've got my sights set on overall 1st and the £5000 that comes with it. I've worked out a formula, (no pun intended!)

is it too late to join your group and how much is it? UMM

Blimey, UMM, with that track record (no pun intended!teeth 2) I'm not sure we should tell you.....but look back at the beginning of the thread here where John's post at 11.14 on 23rd gives the necessary information - and it's free! smile

Back to Bahrein - after last week's predictions debacle, I've resorted to pin-sticking this week....sad

I'm sticking with my existing teams, though - surely their bad luck can't last all season - can it???disgust

Pete

Never too late, UMM - though obviously we've got a 3 race head-start on you (will that be enough for us, I wonder...wink 2)

There's no charge to enter the badgergp league - but admittedly there's no big-value prizes either, we're playing for the honour and the fun of it only! (Though I think each race winner wins a badgergp coffee mug.)