Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

I  equally love "when Honda does well", John.

Only 3 predictions on this side of the Channel...

On a side note, points for the US GP has been 'modified' (John P will be happy, for sure...)

My predictions included a 'one SC' but this counted as zero points. I thought, following the regs, a 'virtual SC' would result in a SC count.

Now this has been corrected as the right answer is now '1 SC', but I only gained 2 points on the renewed listing instead of the10 pts for my correct prediction... strange...

I think Adam, the founder has a few bugs in his databases... the site is still 'red/blocked' in time of writing, so let's be patient...

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1

I have no clue, John.

But the Fantasy site is showing the same result as John P indicated re your US score > 169 pts.

Obviously there is something wrong with the Fantasy scores at the moment.

Probably they 're working on it and could be the reason why it's still 'closed'.

Time will tell, I guess...

Cheers

Chris

Right then... Take 2!

For whatever reason,  the scores on fantasygp.com have now been updated.  About half of us have gained 1, 2, or 3 points.  So the points scored yesterday are now as follows;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 0 Pitts Specials john stones 163
2 2 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 151
3 3 1 Igoronic racing iqon 138
4 5 1 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 133
5 10 0 Revers Racing Pete B 126
6 9 0 Torque of the devil Stu 124
7 4 1 Essex Racing Tony Clark 122
8 13 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 122
9 7 0 PSS Power Flyer 102
10 6 1 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 87
11 12 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 83
12 8 0 teewrex John Tee 78
13 11 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 66

No change in the positions of the top 3, but a few changes in the middle of the table.

As for the overall table after the US,  that now looks like this;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 0 Pitts Specials john stones 2440.0
2 2 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 2379.5
3 3 1 Igoronic racing iqon 2147.5
4 4 1 Essex Racing Tony Clark 2137.5
5 5 1 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 2107.5
6 6 1 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 2084.5
7 7 0 PSS Power Flyer 2006.5
8 8 0 teewrex John Tee 1968.5
9 9 0 Torque of the devil Stu 1953.0
10 10 0 Revers Racing Pete B 1951.0
11 11 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 1846.5
12 12 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 1729.5
13 13 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 1705.0

No changes in the overall positions,  just the gaps have changed slightly.  And the gap between Pete in 10th and Stu in 9th has now doubled - from one point to two! ?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all!

Another weekend and another GP!  Mexico this time and P2 is currently in progress.  

P1 saw Mercedes setting the top two times with Red Bull 3rd and 4th.  But again it was Bottas at the top, though only by 7-hundredths of a second.  Verstappen was over a tenth down with Perez over a tenth further back.  Gasly was next and the rest of the field were over a second off Bottas's time.

Qualifying is at 8pm UK-time tomorrow,  with the race an hour earlier at 7pm on Sunday.

Don't forget your predictions!

• Like 3

So with the race being late in (our) day, the Channel4 coverage only started a few minutes ago and is due to go on for another hour or so. 

I'll again make the assumption that anyone who is watching the Ch4 coverage and doesn't want to know the race results is NOT browsing the web at the same time!

But if anybody is watching the Ch4 coverage, doesn't want to know the results,  and is reading this,  then ? STOP NOW! ?

Our league results today are;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 3 1 Essex Racing Tony Clark 202
2 2 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 186
3 1 0 Pitts Specials john stones 165
4 5 0 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 163
5 4 1 Igoronic racing iqon 155
6 7 1 teewrex John Tee 152
7 6 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 128
8 11 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 114
9 9 1 Revers Racing Pete B 104
10 12 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 104
11 8 1 PSS Power Flyer 96
12 10 1 Torque of the devil Stu 77
13 13 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 75

Topping our table today is Tony with a rather impressive 202 points.  Second is Chris with 186 points and John S completes our podium today on 165 points.  well done to today's top three!

The overall table now looks like this;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 0 Pitts Specials john stones 2605.0
2 2 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 2565.5
3 3 1 Essex Racing Tony Clark 2339.5
4 4 1 Igoronic racing iqon 2302.5
5 5 0 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 2260.5
6 6 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 2212.5
7 7 1 teewrex John Tee 2120.5
8 8 1 PSS Power Flyer 2102.5
9 9 1 Revers Racing Pete B 2055.0
10 10 1 Torque of the devil Stu 2030.0
11 11 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 1960.5
12 12 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 1833.5
13 13 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 1780.0

John S holds his top position with Chris still second, though Chris has cut John's lead by 21 points today.

Tony's result today moves him up a place to third at Iqon's expense.  Iqon slips to 4th.

Also on the move today are John Tee,  moving up a place to 7th and Pete moving up a place to 9th.  This means that Ade drops a place to 8th and Stu drops to 10th.

All other places remain unchanged.

Next weekend it's Brazil - don't forget your predictions!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Simon Webb said:

I am turning being at the bottom of the league table into an art form!

It is harder than it looks being this rubbish! 

I'm trying my best to rival you in that respect Simon - but you're right,  it's difficult! 

I even tried a little reshuffle of the "cheaper end" of my team before the weekend.  I replaced one 'cheap' driver with another.  The new one retired on the first lap.  But at least the driver he replaced did as well!

• Like 1

I dropped McLaren and replaced them with Ferrari before this race, which was certainly a good move.  The ten point penalty for making a change in excess of the free changes took a bite out of that benefit, but let’s hope the red cars continue to do well until the end of the season. 

Does Lewis have any answer for Verstappen’s pace now?  It seems like only unreliability or a crash will hand the advantage back to Hamilton at this stage, as Max seems to have one hand on the trophy. Merc can’t have any magic bullets left to pull out of their bag of tricks at this late stage, surely?

Evening all!

It's not just a GP weekend again,  but a Sprint plus a GP weekend... 

Brazil, of course, and we've already had P1 and the qualifying session for the Sprint race tomorrow - the result of which determines the grid for Sunday's main race. 

Hamilton topped P1 with Bottas 4th and the two Red Bulls in between the Mercedes pair.  Hamilton also topped qualifying aheaf of Verstappen with Bottas 3rd and Perez 4th.  Hamilton will however take a 5-place grid penalty on Sunday for a new engine.  Verstappen's opinion is that the extra power from the new engine accounts for the size of Hamilton's lead over him in P1 and qualifying.

The Sprint is at 7:30pm tomorrow, with the race at 5pm on Sunday - both times are UK-time.

Now,  as usual;

Don't forget your predictions!

• Like 1