Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

League positions, take 2!

The points charts on badger have now been "finalised" with some earlier errors corrected. (I don't recall this happening in the past with badger - I suspect the introduction of the extra prediction for safety cars has caused the glitch.)

Anyway, some of us have gained 25 points, some have lost 25, the rest have stayed the same. You can check your points scores for each race here to see how the figure is arrived at - just click on the "View Points" button for the race you are interested in.

And not only has Pete got his points back, it's put him to the top!

Pos

Team

Manager

Pts

Revers Racing

Pete B

JohnPs plodders

JohnP

Roos Racers

rk295

F1 Legends

Rob Lewis

TeamTyphoon

typhoontone

Norfolk Flyers

nss

Speedbird Concorde F1

Jacob Cleverley

IPjnet F1

Ian Jones

Edited By John Privett on 17/03/2013 13:00:12

Thats probably the only time i'll see the top of the table.....When Badger makes a mistake.wink

All in all, it was great to see 3 or 4 teams with pace to mix things up in the season, even if it was all a bit static with tyres being the be all and end all. I must admit i was hoping for rain near the end to liven it up a bit.

Sorry about the delay - one session on a Kindle Fire proved I'm not designed to use onesmile

Breakdown of my points:

Car race points: 26, 10 and 0 = 36

Driver points: 0, 0, 4+3 = 7

Prediction Bonus for pole (well, who else was it going to be?teeth 2) 25

That adds up to 68 - where they get 122 from is beyond me....disgust

Pete

Pete - you were absolutley right. I got a couple of emails from Adam at badgergp this morning;

"I've checked Pete B's team and for Australia and his predictions and you're right that there does seem to be a discrepancy. I'll have this rectified immediately and investigate how this happened. I can only apologise, it's the first time we've had an issue in 5yrs of running the game."

and

"Just to update you, the cause of the issue has been found and sorted and be assured it won't happen again!

Apologies it happened at all"

So here is the corrected mini-league table, and embarrassingly, look who's at the top... embarrassed Well, there's only one direction I can go from there, and that's down! crook

Pos

Team

Manager

Pts

JohnPs plodders

JohnP

Roos Racers

rk295

F1 Legends

Rob Lewis

TeamTyphoon

typhoontone

Norfolk Flyers

nss

Revers Racing

Pete B

Speedbird Concorde F1

Jacob Cleverley

IPjnet F1

Ian Jones

Now, don't forget your predictions for Malaysia - I'll make no secret of the fact that I scored way more points this round for my predictions than for my actual team. It's worth getting a set of predictions in now, you can change your mind as often as you want until qualifying starts.

Well, quite an eventful race, even without the rain playing too much of a part in it. Either lucky (or a shame depending how you see it!) that the Red Bulls didn't take each other out as they've done in the past. Mercedes' performance seemed better than expected and not sure about McLaren. If Button's pit stop hadn't got mucked up he could have had a reasonable finish. And pit stops... What went wrong with Team India? And would Lewis have been amongst the Red Bulls if he hadn't visited the McLaren pits? Own goal from Alonso - that lost point from my team and for the predictions.

I'll post the badger results when they appear - I've not done well on my predictions, OK on the cars and not so good with my drivers! We'll see what the results show...

Middle of the road for me - Force India let me down badlysad

Fortunately banking on that naughty boy Vettel and some good bonus pts for Vergne keeps me in there...smile

Don't know what to do next - bit of a lottery at the moment, isn't it?teeth 2

Once he's been surfing to think things over, will Webber decide that his future lies elsewhere - and where could he go?

Pete

Ooh, now how close is that? A tie for first between myself and Roos Racers, with TeamTyphoon snapping at our heels! Lots of races left though for that all to change.

Pos

Team

Manager

Pts

JohnPs plodders

JohnP

Roos Racers

rk295

TeamTyphoon

typhoontone

F1 Legends

Rob Lewis

Revers Racing

Pete B

Norfolk Flyers

nss

Speedbird Concorde F1

Jacob Cleverley

IPjnet F1

Ian Jones

Three weeks until China - plenty of time to think about possible team changes - I'm fairly happy with the cars in my team, not so sure about my drivers though... As for predictions, I was banking on the safety car coming out when it rained! And putting Alonso down for a place and fastest lap wasn't such a good idea in hindsight!

Anyone reckon Webber really could move on (to another team) at this stage of the season?

Posted by Tony H on 24/03/2013 11:35:41:
I did okay this time I think I should have 126points for this race. When do badgergp post the official points after bbc show the race?

I don't think bagergp's timing of posting the results varies depending on whether or not the BBC are showing the race live or recorded. I think it really depends on what their admin guy is doing - occasionally they don't get posted until the following day, but that's fairly unusual.

I can't see Webber getting another seat with any of the competitive teams and even if he went for one of the 2nd or 3rd string teams, he'd be kissing goodbye to any racing success and be used purely for his experience. He's getting on age-wise and there are plenty of youngsters with longer-term potential.

He'll just throw a wobbly and then have to swallow his pride - that way he still has a chance of being near the top of the heap for the remainder of his career.

I think Badger should have another points category - guess the number of front wings Maldonado has to have replaced during a race!teeth 2

Pete

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 24/03/2013 13:29:27:

I think Badger should have another points category - guess the number of front wings Maldonado has to have replaced during a race!teeth 2

Pete

I was thinking at one point last season that two new predictions were required... Who will Grosjean punt off at the first corner? and How many laps before Schumacher runs into the back of somebody?wink 2

Forgetting our table...

That was the most dejected podium I have ever seen! Good race, but a very interesting one. I have to agree (and feel sorry for) Webber. He drove brilliantly and made the right decisions, and was told in the last stint they were taking the cars home so he was cruising, and we all know what happened next.

Webber has helped Vettel and obeyed the team so many times (Silverstone 2011, Brazil 2012 etc) but Vettel didn't return the favour. I didn't like his radio call at all in the middle of the race either. Although Vettel says sorry, he'll secretly be very pleased with those 7 points, but somehow I think Webber may not be so helpful in the future. Webber's podium comments were good. Had they not received the team orders, I think Webber would have pushed harder and won anyway. But I do think the team favour Vettel, so I would not be surprised to see Webber leave Red Bull at the end of this year, maybe a swap for Hamilton (Hamilton and Vettel at Red Bull, that would be interesting!). I hope that Webber can challenge for the championship, along with the British drivers (looks hard for Button though).

CS