Norfolk Flyers

nss

Revers Racing

Pete B

Speedbird Concorde F1

Jacob Cleverley

IPjnet F1

Ian Jones

And mixed results for us I think! Roos Racers remains at the top but now Team Typhoon are only 6 points behind and my team are pushed down to third, a further 35 points adrift. The remaining positions remain unchanged.

Next race - Spain, in three weeks time.

Tony, according to my spreadsheet, you had the highest scoring team in our league for Bahrain with 154 points. Roos Racers were 2nd with 135. Good points scores (121 each) from Norfolk Flyers and Revers Racing put them in third equal for Bahrain, and whilst not gaining them any league positions, they have narrowed the gap a little to Rob's F1 Legends. Still a lot of races to go though! smile

• 3 weeks later...

Customary reminder time once again! Don't forget your predictions for Spain!

You can wait until after P3 tomorrow morning if you want, but why not enter a "banker" set of predictions now? Then if something comes up and you don't manage to enter any tomorrow at least you've got something in place. With the predictions you can change your mind as many times as you want - at least until just before qualifying starts!

Well, not the most entertaining race, IMHO. Rather too much emphasis on tyre preservation and not letting the drivers drive to their true potential, but hopefully Monaco in 2 weeks will be rather different.

Not too good for my predictions either - didn't get a single one right!

As far as the league goes, if my spreadsheet is giving me the right information, it was a good result for Rob's F1 Legends, scoring 151 points and moving up 2 places to second. A good result also for Ian's IPJNet F1 team with 149 points lifting him one place up the table. 3rd today was Pete's Revers Racing on 118 points, though no places gained.

TeamTyphoon takes over the top of the league with 111 points scored today, the 4th best in the league, with myself taking 5th today with 105 points and no places lost or gained. Norfolk Flyers scored 89 with no place change and Speedbird Concord F1 put in a less than supersonic performance with 86 points and drops to the foot of the table.

Nightmare result of the day though goes to Roos Racers, scraping together a mere 58 points and plunging from the top of the table down to 4th place. Just goes to show how quickly things can change in this game!

So here's the table as it stands now;

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 TeamTyphoon typhoontone 608
2 F1 Legends Rob Lewis 572
3 JohnPs plodders JohnP 567
4 Roos Racers rk295 561
5 Norfolk Flyers nss 479
6 Revers Racing Pete B 466
7 IPjnet F1 Ian Jones 386
8 Speedbird Concorde F1 Jacob Cleverley 377

Final word - Don't forget your predictions for Monaco! yes

Wow, i hadn't looked at the badger site, but didn't think i'd done too well, no predictions right other than safetycar. Must have got a nice haul from drivers and teams smiley

Its all increadibly close at the top, 47 points between 1st and 4th...

Edit:  Just looked at Badger and theres a few of us with 25 points too many in your list above, must have been a glitch in the scores.  I'm currently in 3rd with 547 pts

Edited By Rob Lewis on 12/05/2013 18:29:01

Thanks for the 'heads-up' Rob. Looks like badger must have had a prediction wrong to have given some of us an extra 25 points. I did wonder how I'd done so well!

So here's how it's looking now;

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 TeamTyphoon typhoontone 583
2 Roos Racers rk295 561
3 F1 Legends Rob Lewis 547
4 JohnPs plodders JohnP 542
5 Norfolk Flyers nss 479
6 Revers Racing Pete B 441
7 Speedbird Concorde F1 Jacob Cleverley 377
8 IPjnet F1 Ian Jones 361

And so for Spain our best team was still Rob's F1 Legends, though with 'only' 126 points moving him up to 3rd at my expense! Ian still managed 2nd and closes the gap to Jacob's Speedbird Concorde F1. Pete was 3rd and Norfolk 4th with no change in league positions. 5th= was TeamTyphoon (which was enough for him to slip past Roos Racers into first in the league) and Speedbird Concorde F1. I could only mange 7th and drop to fourth in the league and Roos Racers drop to second with an 8th place score this round.

As Rob says, rather close at the top. And the bottom half of the table seem to be catching up too...

Well it didn't improve my position in the end but my personel changes produced my best result so far - close enough to be a threat to to CSB next time 'round if doesn't get his afterburners on.wink 2

I enjoyed the race but I wish Maclaren would sort themselves out.

• 2 weeks later...

Now then, I'm sure I don't need to remind you - but I will anyway! Don't forget your predictions! (Not that mine did me any good last time...embarrassed)

After second practice the two Mercedes head the field with the Ferraris behind, then Webber followed by the Lotuses - though Monsieur Grosjean doesn't seem to be using any "home" advantage (yes, I know Monaco isn't really part of France, and anyway lots of drivers can call Monaco "home" ) and has stuffed his Lotus into the Armco...

So will it be a glorious qualifying session and a dismal race for Mercedes? Or can they make the tyres last a bit better here? We'll know the answers on Sunday afternoon, but in the meantime, DON'T FORGET YOUR PREDICTIONS! wink 2

Edited By John Privett on 24/05/2013 19:41:03

I agree, The last races have been difficult to predict. I have my predictions in now, I just hope they are better than last race but it's all up in the air again. Can be a bad move doing predictions based on practice sessions as nobody really knows what the teams where testing at the time!

Any how hope you all do well but not as well as me!

Well, that was an incident-packed race! I predicted one safety car - and we got one! Then a second... Ho hum. That left my only correct prediction as Webber for third. Hope you all did better!

I'm off flying now - I'll post the league table this evening assuming it's updated on badger by then.

OK - it's updated already... So here is the table.

Modelflying forumites - Passcode: j4SFxG

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 TeamTyphoon typhoontone 765
2 Roos Racers rk295 658
3 JohnPs plodders JohnP 637
4 F1 Legends Rob Lewis 619
5 Norfolk Flyers nss 542
6 Revers Racing Pete B 520
7 Speedbird Concorde F1 Jacob Cleverley 487
8 IPjnet F1 Ian Jones 459

I seem to have overtaken Rob - otherwise no position changes. I'll post further comments later - go to fly!

Edited By John Privett on 26/05/2013 15:51:27

That's good going, Tony. I think there will be more changes as Webber hasn't been given any points in the scoring for the race - not that it will affect me!smile

Not a good day for me but the bonus points were useful. I'm a bit miffed that they've treated the re-start as a safety-car period - there were two safety car periods as far as I was concerned. Clearly, they have to use the safety car for a rolling re-start and I'm not sure it should be counted, but hey-ho...

I reckon Lewis may just have lifted off at the start - he was a good 1/2 car length ahead of Nico and could have made it first into the turn - so I think he was probably resigned to riding shotgun today - pity the tyre change went pear-shapedcrook

I like to see close racing and guys having a go but Perez is taking it to a new level - he's trying a bit too hard, I think. I was rather more pleased than I should have been when he tried to mix it with the wrong guy and Kimi shut the door on him......teeth 2

Looking forward to Canada...

Pete

Looking at the scores on badger it seems there is indeed another glitch in their scoring. A bit disappointing as I don't recall any such problems in the 2 or 3 previous years using their leagues. Anyway, it seems people are missing points for Webber. I've emailed Adam at badger - hopefully he'll sort it out quickly.

I'll post updated scores and comments on who did well this round when the scores get updated.

I wondered about whether they would count 2 or 3 safety cars. Overall I think 3 was the correct decision as the s/c did appear three times, and the red flagging was one step up from a safety car, so perhaps it counts as a safety car plus...

As for the race... yes, I too thought Perez was rather overdoing things. I felt he was a bit lucky to have Alonso ordered to give him the place after he'd effectively forced Alonso off the track to avoid a collision. And then the various other incidents at the same place involving him... Curious crash by Massa - almost idetical to the one in P3. And I'm not sure what Grosjean was doing when he rearranged the back end of Ricciardo.

The "secret" tyre testing by Pirelli and Mercedes will be investigated by the FIA - though it's not clear when this will be.