Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Just had a reply from Adam apologising for the error which is now fixed. so here is the revised table;

Modelflying forumites - Passcode: j4SFxG

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 TeamTyphoon typhoontone 755
2 JohnPs plodders JohnP 677
3 F1 Legends Rob Lewis 634
4 Roos Racers rk295 633
5 Norfolk Flyers nss 542
6 Revers Racing Pete B 520
7 Speedbird Concorde F1 Jacob Cleverley 502
8 IPjnet F1 Ian Jones 459

Give me 5 minutes to drop the data into Excel and I'll tell you did well, and who did, errr, "less well" in Monaco!

And so a storming result for TeamTyphoon with 172 points - 26th best overall out of 3122. Nice one Tony!

Second best at Monaco in our league was myself with 135 points - once Webber's scores were sorted out. I gain two places in the league at the expense of Roos Racers who seemed to be having a bit of an 'off' day with 72 points and 7th place on the day.

Third best score was Speedbird Concorde F1 with 125 points and with Ian getting 4th best score - 98 points, these two are closing the gap on the midfield where points seemed more difficult to come by.

To summarise, points for Monaco were;

TeamTyphoon

typhoontone

JohnPs plodders

JohnP

Speedbird Concorde F1

Jacob Cleverley

IPjnet F1

Ian Jones

F1 Legends

Rob Lewis

Revers Racing

Pete B

Roos Racers

rk295

Norfolk Flyers

nss

Canada in two weeks, I'll be back to remind you about your predictions! smile p

What a terrible day for my team! I made some changes after Spain, I think things would have been better off the way they were!

The race was all over the shop, thouroughly enjoyed watching Lewis and Webber towards the end, shame the battle was brought to a premature end due to worries about tyre wear. And I wonder what the FIA will make of the Ferrari and Redbull complaint against Mercedes for alleged mid season testing!

r.

• 2 weeks later...

Do let us know if you get a reply, Pete! nerd

In the meantime... Don't forget your predictions - though we do have most of tomorrow to get them done as qualifying doesn't start until 6pm BST.

It's looking like it could be fairly close for pole between Ferrari and Mercedes, though it seems Mercedes will still struggle in the race more than most with tyres.

Drat and double drat - I skilfully predicted the first three but, as Eric Morecambe once said, "I might be playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the correct order........"crying 2crying 2

I was rather banking on some rain but otherwise it was a good race from P2 downwards....

Pete

I've just had a look at my predictions - a case of so close, but yet so far... I got just one right!

Pole - I put Hamilton. He missed it by 87/1000 a second. crying 2

Ist in race - I put Alonso, who came second.crook

2nd in race - I put Vettel, who came first. sad

3rd in race - I put the wrong Mercedes driver.smile o

Fastest lap - Vettel obviously, he always gets it. But not today...disgust

Safety cars - Some points at last! smile d (Though I was a bit concerned the safety car might come out when Gutierrez found an awkward spot to park in towards the end.)

Hopefully I'll pick up some points from my team members - we'll see when the badger tables are published.

Edited By John Privett on 09/06/2013 21:39:47

Right, here's the table as published this evening on badger. The game status shows as "Pending FIA confirmation" though I'm not sure there's anything outstanding that could change the result...

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 TeamTyphoon typhoontone 862
2 JohnPs plodders JohnP 803
3 F1 Legends Rob Lewis 730
4 Roos Racers rk295 710
5 Revers Racing Pete B 611
6 Norfolk Flyers nss 598
7 Speedbird Concorde F1 Jacob Cleverley 586
8 IPjnet F1 Ian Jones 563

So, in terms of "who done what"... it appears I had the highest score of our league with 126 points, narrowing the gap very slightly to typhoontone who had the second best score with 107 points - enough to keep him comfortably at the top of the table.

In 3rd for Canada was Ian with 104 points closing the gap a bit to Jacob. Rob was 4th with 96 points, Pete 5th with 91, Jacob 6th with 84, Robin 7th with 77 and nss 8th with 56.

The only position changes in our league this round were Pete and Norfolk swapping places.

Silverstone in 3 weeks time, so "Don't forget your...." Never mind, I'll remind you all nearer the time! thumbs up

Edited By John Privett on 09/06/2013 23:09:26

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the prod John, I've got them in good and early this time. Hopefully Roos Racers can bring in some good points this time, unlike the last two dire results!

I've not seen much of practice today, I heard it was wet and Massa had an off. Did anybody watch it? I wonder if I'll have time to watch the practice and quali before the race, what with it being Wings 'n' Wheels this weekend!

r.

No, I was in the office all day and heard about as much as you did about practice! I gather only 11 cars posted a time in P1. As it was wet and the forecast is almost certainly for a dry race I'm a little surprised as many as 11 risked bending their cars.

I'll be out all day tomorrow and will miss quali, and will be at Wings n Wheels on Sunday - so apologies in advance if I'm a bit slow getting the results posted - I'll want to watch the recording of the race first obviously!

I managed to bag 25pts with Lewisthumbs up - it's from hereon that it goes downhill....teeth 2

I've planned an unscheduled trip back to the UK very badly - I'll probably be partaking in my own GP around the Paris Peripherique when they're about halfway through at Silverstone.....first one I've missed all seasonsad

Pete

My Team change worked out nicely "Nico".

Although none of my predictions were any good this time, a bit crazy with all the tyre blowouts.

I am expecting fairly average points this time probably less than 100 Good drive by Lewis, Nico and Webber.

Edited By Tony H on 30/06/2013 14:45:42