Aircraft maintenance

Martian

I have had rocker adjustors go on a saito and a few enyas. Same situation as cymaz but mine was the other way round. Went to gently nip it up and it snapped like a carrot. My enya 53 also failed while running and punched a hole in the rocker cover

• 1 year later...

Checking over my DH 60 ( powdered by. Zenoah G38)yesterday. Weather poor, no flying in Covid crisis.

I took out the fuel tank to check it over as it hasn’t flown for over a year. I’m so glad I did. The clunk pipe was stiffer than a stick of rock. A DEFINITE PLANE LOSER angry

While you all have the chance, have a look at your tanks and clunks. Also clean the tank out, replace any filters and replace the bung and pipework while it’s out.

Edited By cymaz on 31/01/2021 08:44:23

The worst things for quick deterioration are SLEC control horns. Even my local model shop said so, even though he stocks them.

Installed and the plane kept in semi-shade with only the evening sun (so low in the sky thus lots of UV reducing atmosphere to travel through) sometimes shining though the glass in our 'front room' they snap like a rotten stick after no more than a year.

And the pumped OS glow engines have a built in failure point - the pump diaphragm. Using a cleaning/preserving oil on such  engines makes it  worse.  

Edited By Roger Jones 3 on 31/01/2021 09:10:09