'4 max' online shop any good?

Hello all, my first post here.

I have recently decided to get back into rc planes (previously only gliders) and having done some 3d practise on a simulator have decided to go for a precision aerobatics addiction. I found the plane on 4max along with all the accesories I would need.

I just want to be sure that they are legit as i was burned a few years back by a fake online rc shop. So can i rest assured buying from them?

thanks

When I placed my order with 4-Max, recently, it was after 3 rather lengthy telephone conversations with George who put me straight on a number of electrical set-up issues which had been confusing me.

Then, due to fat fingers on my keyboard, I ordered the wrong motor. When the goods arrived I realised my mistake. A quick telephone call to George and I returned the incorrectly ordered motor and the correct motor duly arrived. No hassle, no argument - it only cost me the return postage.

In my opinion, the time that George cheerfully spent on my queries and order merits a mark up.

You pays your money - you makes your choice.

Last year I ordered 4 props from 4 Max, after about ten days they had not arrived. I Emailed George who said they had been dispatched the same day as receiving the order, as usual,however as I had not received them he immediately sent the order again, asking only that, if the originals arrived, I would return them. No argument, no quibbles, just good service. The original order is still lost in Royal Mail's"system"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I always get all my ESCs, motors, batteries and servos from 4-Max and I heartily recommend them. George is very knowledgable and happy to provide advice. Tell him what you're building, how big it is and what performance you want and he will recommend a set up to suit. His recommendations have always been spot on as far as I am concerned. Even if the motors are rebadged HK products (and I don't know whether or not they are so can't comment on that point), the first class service justifies the mark up. Buy with confidence.

• 3 months later...

George is a member of our club and will spend as much time as necessary in order to make sure you are happy that you are buying the correct equipment. He ALWAYS posts out the same day so long as you phone before the courier comes (obviously) and I've always had them on my doorstep the next day.

His motors may indeed be from XYH or similar, but then George takes returns whereas GS and HK don't. Sometimes it's worth paying that bit extra for that piece of mind.

He's also a jolly decent man to boot!