No flaps with Phoenix 4

PB

Can't get flaps to operate with my DX6i and Phoenix 4. Everyhting else works fine, gear switch maps to channel 5 and operates gear up/down no problem. I expected the flap switch to map to channel 6 but it doesn't. Tried mapping flaps to the keyboard 2 and 8, but that doesn't work either.

Tried deleting Tx and starting from scratch setting up new transmitter but no difference. When asked to operate switches during set up I'm toggling the gear and flaps switches. Can't figure out why the flaps switch is not functioning.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sorry, I should have said that the flaps switch operates the flaps on the models themselves as normal so it's not the Tx.

Edited By PB on 27/04/2013 16:38:09

Edited By PB on 27/04/2013 16:38:49

• 2 weeks later...

Hi pb,

Just to let you know how i did it i was puzzeld to.

Select the pawne big scale plane then go to reset your crontrols you know where you wiggle the sticks and switches etc.

You will see that when you do the flaps on your tx the orange bar will now go up and down.

Hope this helps.

OK, thanks very much for your advice eveyone. I've allocated Model 10 to the simulator and I set the flap travel to 100% MrB so that's not the problem, but thanks anyway for the thought. I've done what you suggest KingE and the flap bars do not move.

You've got it I think Chris because on the DX6i Monitor screen on Model 10 channel 5/Aux is not moving with the flap switch on the Tx, yet it is on all the 'live' models. As far as I can remember I didn't have to do anything special to get flaps operating on the live models, so I'm a bit puzzled why it doesn't on Model 10.

Advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

OK cracked it !! Dave's post prompted me to reset the Model 10 memory and set it up all over again. Did that then deleted the Phoenix profile and went through the new transmitter set up all over again and hey presto - flaps.

So still no idea why it didn't work before, but it is now. Thanks again for the help and advice.

• 2 months later...

Hi there fellas,I too had trouble with flaps once but have them sorted now.I find it hard to get the available "options" to change or lock in: I have been doing some slope soaring & can't get the air-brakes to retract & also can't get the noise (wind) to operate? Also when first switching on updates used to be available but not any more. My system is more than 12 months old; any suggestions?