Planning this autumn's crop

Bob Cotsford

we've had a few arrival's up this neck of the woods in the past week...a heli caught fire in the air(electric) and another aircraft had a go at issac newtons theory..due to a burnt out controller....all top notch/expensive gear and experienced modeller's.......

ken anderson ne...1 air accident dept....

Sorry to hear that Steve, get well soon. This ageing lark can get a bit tiresome sometimes.

Ken, it's the way we clear the way for new models.

The Altair would be very easily repaired but I don't feel the lurve right now. Maybe it can find a home in the attic until I or someone else feels like repairing it.

Posted by Area 51 on 09/05/2013 22:20:15:

Love the chap in the background (wing photo) spying on proceedings... is he friend or foe ?

One is my lovely assistant Ken waiting in the wings to help gather up and carry the expected matchsticks back. The other is a passer by intrigued by the sight of a tailplane growing out of the ground.

As for the up elevator, yes that was almost the last act of optimism. The actual last act was shutting the throttle, that was when I admitted defeat crying

A great shame - and there but for the grace of God go I... etc.. However, I am intrigued by the staining on the tailplane..

Apart from that, a couple of evening in the shed and it will be as good as nearly new. (He says hopefully)

Martyn

Posted by Martyn K on 10/05/2013 20:58:46:

Apart from that, a couple of evening in the shed and it will be as good as nearly new. (He says hopefully)

Martyn

Martyn, if there is a pilot figure in the model the hardest part might be removing the look of abject fear from his face smile o

Cheers

Danny

Posted by Martyn K on 10/05/2013 20:58:46:

A great shame - and there but for the grace of God go I... etc.. However, I am intrigued by the staining on the tailplane..

Martyn

the pipe position and deflector seem to concentrate the oil onto the tailplane underside, and Southern Modelcraft does seem to leave a darker shade of muck than some fuels.

I'm getting there - the urge to peel back some of the covering is growing. 4 or 5 new half-ribs at the tip, some sheet on the leading edge at the tip, a bit of glue and filler here and there, the hardest part will be finding film to match whatever it was I used originally.

Provided the wing joiner didn't gut the wing roots!

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 11/05/2013 08:30:55

• 3 years later...