Revolver Pusher type Autogyro trainer

Richard Harris

Rich, I have just found this thread face 6 and I can't wait to get my hands on the plans for this beautful machine! Please add my name immediately to your plans short list when the trial flights are completed. Thank you for your design abilities, knowedge and build skills that continue to amaze me by producing these models so quickly (DO YOU EVER SLEEP?) ...... Roy

I maidened the Revolver yesterday evening and all went well, I am very pleased with the initial flights as it is seems to be very stable smile, I will post a video later of the third flight.

I tried 3 different blade lengths out, it flew on each but the best were the longest making it feel very light.

Rich

Richard, I am seriously interested in building the Revolver when and if you get round to publishing the drawings. I find the pusher layout much more appealing than the tractor. Is there any technical reason you go with a three blade head? Are two blades feasible? Getting well ahead of myself here, but, being a model engineer and assuming the geometry remains the same, can I machine an alloy rotor head to give the necessary pitch and roll movements? So many questions, so little time!!

Rich,

great design as ever wink 2

Like said in another Forum: Great Job!!!

The Panther was really a pleasure to build like your other designs like Fire Fly and Tempest!

So theFire Fly is really flying great! (I don´t have the possibility to get some video footage at the momentface 12 Honestly I don´t have the courage to try my first hops with my Tempest in case that I don´t have any experience in flying a pusher autogyro! I studied lots of video footage of RPG / Tempest / Gemini ... and I think that the Revolver seems to bethe stablest pusher flying machine yet! ( Well, I´m not entitled to make such declaration in case that I´m a total beginner in the Autogyro scene!)

Can´t wait for any news, especially a possible plan!

Regards

Markus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yesterday I met up with Rich Elliot who has just finsished his nice example of the Revolver. he has used 10mm round carbon tube for his boom and spruce stiffners in the mast. So, either square section or round can be used. My rectangular section was bought from my LMS, where they sourced it from I have no idea but I will certainly ask them the next time.

So a few photos taken yesterday.

Rich

img_2760.jpg

img_2746.jpg

img_2759.jpg

img_3253.jpg

Nice one, Ive some 4s 3300' s looking for a good home over winter so its all looking rather tempting wink 2

Must admit I really struggle with orientaion without having wings and things nailed on so you're probably right.. come to think of it Ive seen a nice 2014 Ducati DayGlo Red scheme ...lol..dont know

Congratulations to both of you!!!

Can´t wait for the plans getting published soon!????

I´ve got some rotor blade blanks ready for getting sanded to shape! Thought of make me a set of spare blades for my panther but in fact that I don´t have shortened them yet, to the size that the Panther is using, I think I will wait till I know how long this Revolver blades will be wink

Regards

Markus

Hi Chris,

The 2 models both have fixed nose wheels for simplicity. But I made provision for a steerable wheel by locating the rudder servo up the front end if the builder decides to go 'steerable'. One thing I would recommend is a metal geared servo for this job as I am sure it will take a lot of punishment.

Let us know how your build progress down under.

Rich