Revolver Pusher type Autogyro trainer

Richard Harris

Rich.

I was thinking that it was fixed as it is a bit "squeezy"up front, but when I watched your video again...it looked almost as if you had stearing on that front wheel.......so does the rudder give you a little authority

I know that I can ROG the Spyro OK with out a steraable nose wheel.

Chris..

• 2 weeks later...

G'Day Rich I see that on you model you have not added any support for the carbon tail boom as it passes from under the rear fuz.....and I see Ricardo has....cos I was thinking that may be a critical support. I'm pretty sure you used it on the Spyro...Or on the other hand ,you may have decided that it was unnecessary.?????

Happy Landings

Chris...

Hi Chris

Well seeing as you've spotted it , I suppose I'd better confess all.embarrassed

My added rear fuz support is there to correct a small boom alignment issue cause by my inability to build straight beer!

My boom is round because Rich had bought the last piece of rectangular secion tube from the LMS and I couldn't find any more. I don't think he has had any problems with his boom and my instinct is that a round one without the extra support would be fine. You could always epoxy a bit of round balsa up it for extra strength if you wish.

Looking forward to seeing your take on this design.

Cheers

Rich E

Now as if I would change any of Rich's design..

On the side elevation of the plan ...it shows F5 extending below the rear of the Fuz with the tail boom passing through................although I can see that this has been added on one model and missed on the other. My tail boom is two arrow shafts mounted vertically..and this is a very strong set up...its just that I think the support from F5 could be a good thing.

I have made a couple of small changes to the design as any fool can modify...but it takes a lot of " know how" to design from nothing....and that is what Rich is good at.

Chris........

Posted by Big T on 11/09/2013 18:07:05:

I would do the Rossi Yamaha, Like those Yellw and Met Grey colours.

T

Rossi 46 has been blagged already T wink 2 ... FIM rules clearly states "First Up Best Dressed" as my mum used to say teeth 2 .

Can I sence the long anticipated single design Autogyro pylon event brewing in the background thinking

8h0y0116cr.jpg

Edited By Foamie Dave on 12/09/2013 07:42:05

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Brave ?... or do you mean stupid.?? All the three other flight I had that day were ROG's. The blades that I made came out a little heavy and take a time to get up to speed in a light wind....so that puts the model a long way from me at lift off...and the old eyes are not that good .these days .so I prefer a hand launch...but as it so happened ..my finger got stuck in that trailing U/C that I made.....but I should get bonus points for a touch and go.embarrassed

Happy Landings

Chris...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...