Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

• 2 weeks later...

Well you’ve inspired me to fly mine today, oh and this little baby, a Heewing T1 Ranger. Not it’s first flight, that was last weekend and several since. It’s a joy to fly, really stable and quite quick too, even on 3s. As you can see it’s setup for fpv (something I’ve wanted to do for a long time) and also has a Matek 405 flight controller. I’m also using a Li-ion pack for the first time which is interesting!

6C654BE7-B540-46C7-9189-C3FBD5D0C95C.thumb.jpeg.dd11146670a4ec4a8ec22d47e6c1b637.jpeg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Eric Robson said:

Maiden flight today in high winds after  trimming it flew quite well but had to hold it on down elevator to land as I had run out of trim now reset. At 3lb ready to fly it penetrated the wind quite well.

_20220122_174217[2886].JPG

With the help of Richard Wills there is a short vid. of part of the maiden flight on the build thread. 

Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Edited by Eric Robson
added some text.

Flat calm today but very murky skies. BF110 was fine but one wheel was rubbing against the oleo so trying to fight that with asymmetric throttle on take off and landing wasn't fun! Still had a couple of nice flights only for one retract to self retract on the second flight's landing, retract pinion gear broken I suspect.

T1 was brilliant and had a couple of other chaps with goggles on along for the flights. Interesting how much easier it was to see, for flying, through the goggles when the spotters were struggling (had to keep it closer in than other days). Li-ion battery gets a thumbs up from me!

• Like 1

I had 6 more flights with my BF110 today, Mark the camera man took some more short vids. in the morning but the murky skies did not help. Typical after lunch the sun shone and it looked great against the blue sky. no problems with rubbing wheels.  I was getting 6 min. flights with 3s 3000 batteries and 30% remaining.

Managed to get the KB-11 maidened today. (Actually, the maiden was last weekend, but a radio issue ended that early...).

After a rather uncomfortable first flight, a little more lead up front and some rudder mixed with ailerons, she flew really well.

Thanks to Peter Miller for these great pictures, despite the gloomy weather.

Graham

KB11 230122 01.JPG

KB11 230122 02.JPG

KB11 230122 03.JPG

• Like 5

I flew my Aerobic Senior yesterday.  

DSCF4946.thumb.JPG.d095fc0f45b05dfb0efb7b113329e0d9.JPG

Span 33" Weight 16 oz.

This model is so aerobatic that it could be flown in a sports hall. 

DSCF4944.thumb.JPG.273f7ba355ae05a93408708dfb51a5f3.JPG

The battery is a 450 Mah 3S one and the motor is a 2212 1400 kv motor with an 86 prop.

No flying shots as the light was too bad and my pilot who flies for the camera was a bit too cautious to get down as low as I wanted.

DSCF4945.JPG

• Like 1

Ah Yes Peter! Control line. Trying to remember my first. Phantom mites etc.  Then later I have happy memories of the Dominator.  Saw them win the Criterium of Aces in Belgian over concrete. When they hit the concrete they just bounce. The other competitors models turned into confetti. I could go on....

Geoff.  Yes, 8 mm carbon fibre tube.

Unlike its builder it doesn't get out of breath. At least not until the pilot gets so carried away that the battery goes flat. Not me...my camera pilot.  

I get out of breath thinking about going up a gentle slope!!!

1 hour ago, Tosh McCaber said:

Is it a slow flyer, Peter?  Also, where do you have your Cof G percentage wise?

It isn't very slow but not a rocket.  Takes of fast but When it is being thrown all over the sky it is  very controllable.  I only flew straight and level to clomb out and final approach.  Too much fun

CG is at 25% chord.