Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Hi Nigel

What a splendid looking example of a Keil Kraft Mini Super. I particularly like this model because I’m still flying mine and some of it is over 47 years old.

This video was taken 13th of June on a windy day.

**LINK**

Edited By Birgir on 26/06/2020 11:59:29

WOOHOO and as the name suggests this is a hole lot of fun to fly smiley

Bit of RX sorting and a few clicks of trim (my rubbish building skills) and it was tearing around the sky, yet I could back it off to 1/4 throttle for a couple of low passes. Then back to business with what its best at!

20200625_201801.jpg

Thanks go to Iain at IAD for ultra prompt service, great support and a kit that was a real pleasure to whiz together.

Other thanks to George at 4-Max for the electric set up, spot on.

Next Phase ?

After a very very long absence and one sport plane under my belt, I fancied a Phase 5E, but wanted to build my own. I set off to add a few mods and drew up a Pod & Boom fuselage, but managed to blag a 'Project 80 ?' fuselage from a club bring and buy for a fiver ! This matched up well, so I grafted the Phase 5 tail feathers into the boom and added some stubs to enable the wings to be 2 piece, with carbon rod joiners. While on the wings I reinforced the spar with carbon, added extended curved LE wingtips and 4x servos. Power is a 3548 Thumper pulling 670 amps with 11 x 7 prop and 4S. Alternatively the spinner can be replaced by the original nosecone held on with magnets for Sloping. All sounds pretty straightforward, but has taken me ages, especially full house programming on Open TX !. Just need to build up courage for a Maiden now - Bit wary about the thrust line and incidence of the tail plane - I've visions of a launch and it powering straight into the deck - any advice for a first launch ?

20200630_201245.jpg

20200630_201300.jpg20200630_201345.jpg20200630_201639 (1).jpg20200630_201407.jpg