Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Thanks JM, yes that OpenTX clinic is great. Their info and setups jump from pretty simple to very complex, so I spent the time learning from them but building a setup from scratch to understand it more - trouble is it's quickly forgotten.

Chris Foss Xtra Wot, leccy powered.

fullsizeoutput_1589.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_158a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_158b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_158c.jpeg

A couple of shots of the underside but the iPhone has difficulty in rendering true colours when there is a dark background to contend with, the lettering is actually the same orange as the topside of the 'plane, not yellow as it appears to show here!

fullsizeoutput_158d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_158e.jpeg

Avenger slope soarer - RM plan 76. by Bill Grundy. Built a few weeks ago and flown last week. Just 2 channel, ailerons and "T" tail. Had one back in the 70's and a fine little flyer but does like a breeze. Squeeze down elevator in and dive parallel with the side of the hill to gain speed, let go of the stick and it would loop on it's own a couple of times.

It has one weak spot and that is the "T" tail is a bit prone under a cartwheel landing. How do I know this.? Second landing on the hill caught the wing on a passing bit of rush and sent it tip over elbow. Cracked the base of fin and the elevator pivot.

av4.jpg

Spot the difference -avenger7.jpeg

Modified with a new standard tail/elevator but kept the original fin. Not sure if I have got the tail incidence right but there is only one way to find out. Hopefully this week will be testing it on Parlick.

Posted by John Wagg on 05/07/2020 15:42:21:

Avenger slope soarer - RM plan 76. by Bill Grundy. Built a few weeks ago and flown last week. Just 2 channel, ailerons and "T" tail. Had one back in the 70's and a fine little flyer but does like a breeze. Squeeze down elevator in and dive parallel with the side of the hill to gain speed, let go of the stick and it would loop on it's own a couple of times.

It has one weak spot and that is the "T" tail is a bit prone under a cartwheel landing. How do I know this.? Second landing on the hill caught the wing on a passing bit of rush and sent it tip over elbow. Cracked the base of fin and the elevator pivot.

av4.jpg

Spot the difference -avenger7.jpeg

Modified with a new standard tail/elevator but kept the original fin. Not sure if I have got the tail incidence right but there is only one way to find out. Hopefully this week will be testing it on Parlick.

That looks the Bees Knees. thumbs up

Steve.

Hello everyone hope you are all keeping safe and well. I'm afraid i'm gonna lower the quality of aircraft here. Bought a used FMS B25 a couple of years ago did a bit of weathering an forgot about i, till recently. Last year my Bro who i was teaching past away suddenly to pancreatic cancer so i promised him that i would fly his beloved Hurricane this he favoured more than the spitfires. I also bought the Durafly Seafire which i hadn't touched. Now i have got them all sorted and ready to maiden, just waiting for some good weather and a slot at our field.we fly of a rented field which is a hay field so its gonna be a case of got them up quick no scale take offs here dsc_4647.jpgdsc_4684.jpgdsc_4739.jpg

My first DLG (1m span), maidened this morning. Adding nose weight at the field improved pitch stability. Have yet to do a full 'spin' launch but a half body turn went well with neutral elevator. A tiny bit of up elevator I had in a 'launch mode' sent the plane climbing vertically. More plane/radio setup required.

Returned home with plane intact. Flying weight with extra ballast still only 144g.

FMS Supercub,

new model to me, as i needed to replace my Sebart Shark for training duties, the Shark is getting on for at least 5 years old and taught a lot of people, plus my own flying.

the only plane i really liked to continue to teach students was the fms supercub,,

this photo was taken by a current student, Paul Gerry, set against Dartmoor (Haytor) not too far away

supercub1.jpeg