Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

I used white background decal paper for these, two coats of clear to seal over the printing, cut them out and "waterslided" them. When dry they will be clear coated in place

I learned from experience that clear decal material is not what I wanted. The decals on the Bantam were the same colour orange as on the box art when produced, however they look black on the dark green !

img_6529.jpg

img_6527.jpg

My 60" DB Sopwith Pup is getting dangerously near to complete. Just a bit of lead in the cowl to get the CoG right plus a bit of detailing (I've run out of shirring elastic to simulate the rigging).

It has an XYH5055 motor running on 4S (2x 4AH packs in parallel - battery rather than lead) through Frsky Neuron 80 amp esc driving a 14 x7 prop at aound 8500 rpm. It will weigh about 10lbs once the extra ballast is added which will give a wing loading of about 1lb/square ft.

complete 5.jpg

complete 4.jpg

complete 6.jpg

Sorry about the background of my wife's bean plants. I'll get better before the test flight and (hopefully) afterwards.

Geoff

A perfect morning so I was able to test fly my enlarged American Dragon

45" span.500 plus q.inches, weight 2lbs 14 ounces.

Very aerobatic but not as precise asmost of mine because it has a Clark Y wing set at slight positve incidence.It needed a lot of extra down elevator for inverted.

No plans, sorry!! Butr you can get the original on Outer Zone. enlarge them and modify for electric of just build for an 09 glow

am dragon 001.jpg

am dragon mod1.jpg

am dragon 003.jpg

am dragon 004.jpg

My Ken Willard "CAVU", enlarged from a plan bought from Ben Buckle himself in 1984. Just had a mild refurb to restore the finish (previous paintwork was seriously not fuel proof). Now painted with Guild fuel proof enamel with Z-Poxy finishing resin overcoating critical areas:

pict0036.jpg

pict0038.jpg

pict0033.jpg

Maidened my Vultee Vanguard today.

dsc03075_r.jpg

The maiden went well, and, unbeknown to me, one of our members videod the flight and produced a small video of the event.

Vultee Vanguard maiden

Unfortunately the next landing was very clumsy resulting in bent pins in the retracts and a dislodged vertical fin, all easily rectified (I hope) and she'll fly again soon!

GDB

Hi guys

So much for quick build. Bought a Balsa Cabin mini-glider back in January. Idea being throw it together over the weekend and fly it the following week.

Well, best laid plans etc.

Finally finished it this week, hooray !

dscn0003#1.jpg

Looks pretty. If this wind ever lets up, might see how it flies.

Must mention Karl Jackson, who replied to my original post back in January, with loads of good ideas about the build, most of which I shamelessly pinched. Nice one Karl, thanks.

Jeff

Yet another lockdown project .The Kamco Kadet .

It is 3 channel but I have built in provision to convert it to 4 channel if I want to at a later date .

It has an S.C.35 up front and. weighs 4lbs .

The plan says the C.G. should be at 39% M.A.C.

I've chickened out and balanced it at 25%.

A pal up the club said his would fly very nicely but had to put a pile of lead up the front .

I'm not sure when I'll get around to fly this as the flying site is in a lockdown zone so I cant travel to it and my own zone came under the same restrictions a few weeks later so I cant travel out of my zone even when they clear the flying site zone .By that time winter will be upon us .

I also have 3 other planes awaiting their Maidens .

Ah well there's nothing for it but just to build something else .

I'll need to start creating space soon .So is there any body interested in a 1/6th near scale "Bird Dog " ! ! !

p1040172.jpg

p1040171.jpgp1040170.jpg

Sometimes simple models bring so much satisfaction. Finished and flown last Saturday. A Goldberg Gentle Lady.

Built from short kit parts, cannibalized hardware and finished leftover covering. Just needs some decals to improve the looks

An old Enya 09 III with a 8x4 prop on the nose to haul it aloft. Need to add some down thrust to the the engine and adjust the CG some more for a relaxed climb and flatter glide

gentle lady.jpg

Back in January I maindened my own design "Me901" canard, which went surprisingly well and flew almost like a trainer.

image.jpeg

Spurred on by this success, I decided my lockdown project would be another canard. I kept the proportions similar to the "901" but with the added sophistication of retracts and moveable rudders. The final result was a 'fantasy scale' P-15B Gnatsum. It weighs a fraction over 4 1/2 lbs with a 2200 4S and a 3548 brushless producing 450 watts.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The first couple of flight attempts were false starts during which the model refused to rotate and lift off. I reset the CG from 10% to 7% static margin, adjusted the thrust line to give a couple of degrees down thrust and mixed some aileron with elevator (aileron T/E up when stick pulled back). The net result of these changes was a model that actually flew this morning ( and more importantly) landed in one piece. The initial 30 seconds was a bucking bronco ride, which calmed down somewhat after I switched to low rates and managed to get some up trim on the elevator. At this point it was cruising around quite nicely on less than half throttle. Hopefully, flying shots will follow the next visit to the field.

Chaps, thanks for all your positive comments. When I commenced the build I didn't know whether it would actually work, but perhaps I got lucky. The working drawings are a bit 'ad hoc' on pieces of decorators lining paper, but with time on my hands I'll have a look at trying to refine them and put them on Aerofred so that others can have a go at canarding! With two more or less successful designs under my belt, I'm thinking that their might be room for one more, true scale design to wrap up the series. Kyushu J7W1 Shinden perhaps? 🤔 Watch this space.

Manish, I have a video of the Me901 on my iPad, but it's a case of "machine is smarter than operator" when it comes to posting it here. Any guidance appreciated.