Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Hi all !!

Because it has to stay on the shelf for at least 8 months (PSSA mass build weekend in May 2021),i can't wait to show it !!

It's a N/A F86 sabre used by the Italian aerobatic team in the fifties ''Cavalino Rampante ''.

The 1/10 scale model is build from a balsa/ply short kit for the PSSA 2020 mass build. The model has working speed brakes ,built-in gun ports , working nav-lights ,a releasable canope with working eject seat + shute.

She's glassed and painted with automotive spray cans.Decals are vinyl.

20200720_200503.jpg

20200720_200516.jpg

20200720_200559.jpg

20200720_201216.jpg

20200720_201800.jpg

20200720_200648.jpg

x

• Like 1

Made the maiden flight of my new TopmodelCZ Fascination on the slope in very light winds. Wingspan 3.6m, weight 3.2Kg, MVVS 4.6 motor.
Around half throttle used to get away then achieved a 40 minute flight using only 25% battery . Very happy with it.

Fascination pre-flight
Fascination pass
Fascination crow

Edited By Neil James on 03/10/2020 09:20:22

Picked this up today, for £150, has a new SC 90 FS in it, all servos, Life battery, electric retracts, oleos. etc. Said he has flown it 50 times, but looks brand new, even the engine is clean. Ran the engine in, and nothing to do on it, just set it up...

It's a VQ 60 size Hurricane. not the best scheme, but for a sport model ok, and they do fly ok, as I have the .46 winter camo one.

vq60hurricane (3).jpg

One of the guys at the field remarked he like the look of someone's else's delta. The owner offered to make a couple so I said why not. He then contacted me and asked while he was assembling the other did I want mine built, hey if its no trouble, thanks.

Real ARTF..just added RX, set throws up and 50mm of Velcro, some permanent marker and pilot, job done for less than it costs to fill a very small car up!

20201007_175237.jpg

maiden went well and apparently the streamers are ready....He never said anything about combat!

Miss Camomile could be calming.

dscf4644.jpg

First flights today.

Takes off like a rocket. Flies beautifully

camomile flt 134.jpg

However the rates may be a little higher than the novice would use because it does rudder/elevator rolls which are pretty axial and can be improved.

camomile flt 189.jpg

It will also fly inverted very nicely and all those on a 6X4 APC prop. It tears the sky up on a 2321 2050 motor turning a 7X4 APC prop and a 3s 1300 battery.

Posted by Paul Marsh on 10/10/2020 18:19:47:

Picked this up today, for £150, has a new SC 90 FS in it, all servos, Life battery, electric retracts, oleos. etc. Said he has flown it 50 times, but looks brand new, even the engine is clean. Ran the engine in, and nothing to do on it, just set it up...

It's a VQ 60 size Hurricane. not the best scheme, but for a sport model ok, and they do fly ok, as I have the .46 winter camo one.

vq60hurricane (3).jpg

Glad you like it Paul, Engine has just been off for new bearings and a clean that will be it's first run since. I do like to keep them nice mate, it should just be a case of sticking a receiver on and go.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a few this time, bought as a job lot, very cheap with other stuff, basically 100's of pounds of gear for peanuts, these are the aircraft. there was also a battered Radjet, which still could fly but has expensive bits in it...

All models had rx's in them, plus spare.

Mini Skyfun

miniskyfun (1).jpg

2 Ripmax Axion deltas/

axion delta (3).jpg

Cloud fly - Bixler clone

cloud fly (2).jpg

Club trainer, electric model from HK

club trainerhk (1).jpg

3 Ripmax trainers, all gear, 2 are flyable, one OS40la and a Irvine 40 red.

ripmax trainer (1).jpg

ripmax trainer (3).jpg

ripmax trainer (4).jpg