Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Thanks for the kind words folks. Re Peter’s comment on the wing section: I didn’t fancy the rather fat, fully symmetrical section used on the c/l original, which of course just had flat 1/8” flaps hung on the trailing edge, so I pinched the section used on the Warbirds Replicas Mustang. I scaled this to the full wing chord, including flaps so, although it’s not particularly thick in percentage terms, that enormous chord does result in a fairly thick wing. So far though, it seems to be serving the purpose very well.

On 11/02/2022 at 21:27, ron evans said:

Sort of Fizza. Put the wing together a few years ago, then lost interest. Rekindled interest, found the wing, but not the plan so made the rest from memory.

Then a clubmate told me the plan was on OZ.

Maiden flight today was fine.

A bit porky at 23oz but with 250 Watts it's quite nippy, and quite remarkable low speed handling.IMG_20220211_103316612.thumb.jpg.beecdcca8256b28e1cc9627e076478e0.jpg

What a lovely looking model. Where is the plan Ron ?

Regards

Kyosho Spitfire refurb just about completed ready for a maiden. Just the tailwheel, some dummy doped on gun port covers and a 3D printed aerial mast to add.  I might give the model a light mist of polyurethane to seal in the weathering/panel lines which were added in pencil. Graphics from Callie Graphics and I'm impressed by their quality and the rather nice positioning carrier film which made the application relatively trouble free.

IMG_0306.thumb.jpg.b82e74502ed26491b741ffac6b7f66bc.jpg

• Like 11

Some of them did actually fly with white spinners - including 610 Squadron - though this particular one was black and will be sprayed black. The backplate spinner join is not representative - if you look on the bench the four allen bolts which fix the spinner are on the bench, the spinner on the model is just resting on the shaft, not tightened up.

On 13/02/2022 at 11:43, Maurice Dyer said:

What a lovely looking model. Where is the plan Ron ?

Regards

Hi Maurice, sorry for the late reply, but as EarlyBird has posted, the plan is on OZ.

Although my version does differ from the original in some areas, it is basically a Fizza.

Two other examples are flying at our club, they are quick at full chat, particularly the 4s version and they can be flown safely at very low speed.

Nigel Hawes also designed a larger version called Wizza, plan not on OZ but as a free plan in RCM&E would still be available.

My Fizza uses a 2830 1900 kv motor  8x6 prop  30A sc drawing 24A from a 3s 2200 lipo.

Ron