Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Just completed this one today. The Sun and star are Solarfilm, the rest is car acrylics from Halfords.

It was a Christmas present from her ladyship. No I don't build that quick she bought it for me in 2011. Started the build in August.

It has a 4 servo wing and has come out 2 oz over recommended Phase 6 weight. I'm dead chuffed.

imag0223.jpg

imag0227.jpg

Guess the flag.

Ian

Posted by kc on 03/01/2014 19:39:02:
Is the Miss Alliance design to be published soon? ( or did I miss it? )

Because RCM&E has two plans on file (one of them coming out in March) Miss Alliance will be going to another magazine and but from what I am now told when it will be used is another matter but hopefully this year (?!?)

My TN Miles Monitor from an early? plan of his. Also my first build from a plan.

miles monitor.jpg

Although it is yet to fly due to a rather strange problem with the retracts during taxi tests. The problem is 90% fixed, but it's not going to fly until they are totally reliable i.e. it might take off but a collapse on landing is quite on the cards.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished this off today. Also, it's my largest ever electric. Electric? am i going mad? Thought to try something different this year, helis and large electric model. Has a 400kV motor, 80a Esc and 2x4000 3s Lipos. Also about the lipos, I can used either pack in my Beaver, or use both for the AT6.

Also has electric retracts, I think the ones that Falcon sell.

at6_small.jpg

Waiting on a more powerful engine for it. Evolution 33cc, but it's on order so will not see it for another 4 weekscrying

Still, it will make a difference to the flying performance. Rather wait and get a decent engine than have a crash with it being underpowered.

You've done a great job of that Cymaz. I had an hour flight in a Stampe SV4B at Staverton in 2006 and although my licence wasn't current I was able to take it over for most of the time. We were doing aerobatics at 2,000 ft. over the Severn bridges, and although my PPL wasn't current, I had control for most of the flight. It was an absolute thrill and what really impressed me about the Stampe was that in spite of the open cockpit, just what a snug, smooth flyer it was.

If you haven't already done it and have the opportunity to have a trip in one, go for it. I don't think you can fail with that model, it looks fantastic and it's certainly a well proven design.

• 1 month later...