Futaba 14SG chat

SR 71

Yes I certainly do it’s a great book and as you probably realise I’m no technical expert! But your book has cleared up lots of every day questions I had that were not covered in the manual in plain English. It certainly makes me use and understand a lot more of the Futaba functionality...

Its also really kind that you also take the time to answer questions on here.

• 2 months later...

Hello Malcolm, I have a question for you, I have a used piper cub and the recomended throws for control surfaces are around 15 mm, I have the links on the closest to the middle on the servos and the longest on the horns to give the smallest amount of movement, but it is still way to much from the recomended settings, can I set this up on the transmitter using dual rate, or am I making more problems for myself, your advice will be very helpful, thank you in advance. I do have your book but cant seem to fathom out the best solution.

Ideally you should try to utilise as much of the servo's movement as possible by the methods you have described. As there is no further scope for adjustment, other than by fitting longer horns, I suggest you go to the End Point menu and reduce the travel of the servos (inner numbers).

The travel value acts as the basis for all movements of the servo. Accordingly the movement of the control surface will be reduced in the Function to which it is assigned and also in any mixes which are applied to it.

I don't want to hijack this forum but I wish to say how grateful I am to Malcolm Holt for the quick and informative replies, he really is a star.

I have a 14FG and use it for boating as well as Planes, I had a query which I didn't think right to put on here as it was for boating but within an hour the reply came through with more importantly the correct information so putting me out of my misery.

Thank you Malcolm Holt

• 9 months later...

Hi

I have a problem with the throttle servo.

It will only operate when the fail safe is set to "hold".

If I set it to F/S there is no throttle movement at all . It is positioned on 84% .

I have changed --the R/X ( r617fs ) --the batteries ,both R/X and T/X --eliminated the switch harness and coupled the battery direct to the R/X .All my other planes work O.K.

I've now run out of ideas .

Any suggestions .

Thanks

Hi Dennis and Maurice .

Here is an update .

The throttle is set on CH3 .

I reallocated the set up .Still the same problem at this stage .

However I tried something different .

I allocated the BF/S which was previously set to ( -- ) i.e. no switch to a three way switch (SG) .

Positions of switch being set for OFF OFF ON .

I now switched from "Hold" to F/S at 84% ----------and it all worked !!!!!

I checked the fail safe by switching the TX. off and it still all worked in whatever position I put (SG) in .

I was also back to the old problem when I put the BF/S back to (--) .

SG is now back in the picture and we are up and running

Why this has worked I have no idea .

Any ideas ? , and thanks for the initial input . Maurice ,the 14SG using the r617fs only has F/S on Throttle

Keith

Posted by Maurice Dyer on 20/07/2020 13:31:02:

Sir, my apologies.

FASST 7 has throttle failsafe only. Channel 3.

I'm not an expert, but I know who is. Go on Amazon and download Malcolm Holts manual on the 14SG. Worth it's weight in diamonds.

Maurice

You are correct Maurice, although the 14SG is very versitile, many entry level receivers just failsafe on throttle.

AETR channel order for Futaba on channel 3

TAER channel order for Spektrum on channel 1

The receiver decides the final failsafe as at that point it is working without a signal from the Tx

• 1 year later...

New Question for Malcom,  using the 14SG transmitter, R700SB receiver, and SBS 02A telemetry sensor for altitude, set up on FASSTest 14ch. All seems ok green lights overall, but on tx screen it does not display actual meters, I can only see a dotted line, any ideas or is the sensor defect, the same setup was placed in another glider and did at that time show a reading, although it was only mounted and not flown. TX and RX were re linked and works ok, just cant get any reading from the sensor. Any ideas please