Futaba 14SG chat

SR 71

Yes, ailevator works fine for twin elevators and gives you added scope later should you need it.

Don't forget that the function-based programming of the 14SG is fundamentally different to the channel-based system on your 7C. You can assign any function to any channel so you could simply have assigned a second elevator to any free channel via the Function Menu. However, now you have got ailevator working, don't be tempted to change it or you will lose all your model data. (Changing model type resets all data).

• 2 years later...

I have a problem with the tx switch setting, when I allocate the switch for operating the channel the on / off widow

do's not appear, so cannot get it to work, this is for the flaps on my jet, there is power getting to the servos but no operation

help needed thanks

Tony

If you assign a switch to a channel in the Function Menu it acts as a control. Any servo plugged into that channel will simply move to mirror the movement of the switch. In this case you are not using the switch to turn something on and off so the switch setting (on/off) window does not appear.

If you have the Flap function assigned to that channel you can adjust the way in which the flaps respond to the movement of the switch by means of the Flap Set menu.

There are various ways of setting up flaps. If you are still having problems please describe exactly how you want your flaps to operate, and with which control, and I will try to help.

Hi Malcolm the problem with the flap switch was my second option, as I had wanted to use two R7008SBs to get more channels, but I could not get the second receiver to work on ch 9-14, I had turned the tx on to duel rx and then I linked the second rx to the duel link, and got the solid green, then I set it to three blinking reds for operation of ch 9-14, but it was still working on ch 1-8, been through it so many times and got nowhere that's why I went the other way, I am old and find computers hard work, the same for tx

The first receiver is ok on ch 1-8

I really prefer using two receivers,

Thanks for your help

Hello Tony,

From your description you appear to have linked both receivers to the transmitter before changing the second receiver to Mode C in order to receive channels 9 to 14.

I suggest you check that the second receiver is in Mode C by following the instructions on page 25 of the manual. Then re-link both receivers to the transmitter with the DUAL setting described on page 37.

I don't have two R7008SBs so cannot check that this will solve your problem but it would appear the logical order in which to do things so it is worth a try.

Once you have got your receiver/receivers linked I am happy to help with the programming but you will need to describe to me exactly how you want the flaps to operate and with which control.

Hi Malcolm you were right with linking of the receivers, my logic was link t first then set the to C surprise

I have gone into model menu as it says on page 121 but cannot find no mention of flaps

I should have stuck with rubber power sad so help on the next part please

I got your book maybe two years or more ago but my kindle has gone missing,

The options available in the menus reflect the Model Type you have chosen. If there is no mention of flaps you have probably chosen a model type without flaps. Go to the Model Type menu and select the type of wing that matches your model. You can then go to the Function Menu and change the control assigned to the Flaps to the switch of your choice. Finally go to the Flap Set Menu if you need to adjust the flaps' movements.

You can read my book on your computer. You will need to download the free Kindle app here.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201245960​

My book will still be available in your Kindle account so you won't have to pay for it again.

Go to Linkage Menu - Model Type. Make sure that the model is set to Airplane, Wing Normal, 2AIL + 2FLP, Tail Normal.

Now go Linkage Menu - Function Menu. By default the two flaps are assigned to channels 7 and 8. Scroll to the number 7 next to FLAP and change it to 9. Tap RTN and you will see that Camber has now moved to channel 7 and Flap is on channel 9. Now scroll to the to the number 8 next to FLP2 and change it to 10. The two flaps will now be on channels 9 and 10 as requested.

Scroll to LD next to Flap on channel 9 and change it to SG. Connect the flap servos to channels 9 and 10 and operate switch SG. If necessary use Reverse in the Linkage Menu to change the direction of movement. Now connect the flap linkages to give the desired movement. If you need to fine tune this, the Flap Set menu is definitely on screen 1/2 of the Model Menu.

WOW Malcolm I have done it laugh I set the link first then the mode, I set the mode to c released it, it showed solid red, then I pressed it again and it came up green and everything works

Thanks very much for all your help,

Tony

I assume you are using an AUX function to control the brakes? Is this correct? If so, which one?

I also assume that you want the brake servo to be at one end of its travel when the elevator is raised or centred but to move towards the other end in proportion to the amount of down elevator applied. Is this correct?

It can be on any AUX channel you choose as long as you are not using it for anything else. Is AUX1 OK?

Can I confirm that you want the brake fully ON when the elevator stick (J2) is pushed fully upwards and fully OFF in all other situations? There is no proportional control of the brakes.

Does the brake servo need to move from one extreme to the other to apply the brakes or can it simply move from its mid position to one end? Either option is possible but the latter is much easier to programme.

First go to the Function Menu and assign AUX1 as the function for Channel 8. Do not assign any control.

Now go to Prog Mix in the Model Menu. Select a new mix and then scroll to screen 2/2. At the top of the screen change IN​H to ACT. It will then turn to ON. Immediately to the right assign J2 as the switch.

When you get to the ON/OFF screen scroll to highlight SET. Push J2 up almost as far as it will go and then tap RTN. Scroll to NORM and change this to REV. Return to screen 2/2 of the Prog Mix and you should find that pushing J2 fully up turns the mix ON at the top of the screen.

Now change both Master and Slave to AUX1. Scroll to screen 1/2 of the Prog Mix and change the Y Offset at the bottom of the screen from 0 to -100.

Connect your brake servo to channel 8 and push the elevator stick (J2) fully up. The servo will move to one end. If it goes the wrong way simply return to screen 1/2 of the Prog Mix and change the Y offset to +100,

• 5 months later...
Posted by Malcolm Holt on 13/07/2013 22:12:19:

I have had a look at your other thread where you ask for your ailerons to rise with the elevators on take-off. I am not sure why you want this but it is a very simple mix.

Select a new PMix in the PROG MIX Menu. On screen 2/2 change INH to ACT to activate the mix. It will change to ON. Next to this assign whichever switch you wish to use for turning the mix on and off for take-off. Set Master to Elevator and set Slave to Aileron. This lets the elevators control the ailerons. Change the Slave Link (next to where you have entered AIL) to – (minus). This makes the second aileron move in the opposite direction to normal.

Make sure that you have switched the mix on and then go to screen 1/2 of the PROG MIX. Change the +0 at the top of the screen to +25. This should make both ailerons rise 25% so you can adjust the value to suit your needs. Depending on your setup the ailerons may both go down. If this happens just change the +25 to -25.

To find my book go to www.amazon.co.uk and, in the search box, type Futaba 14SG. You can preview the first few sections, including a detailed list of contents, free of charge. There are also reviews and a link to further reviews on the American Amazon site. The book can be read on a Kindle but also on many computers, phones and tablets by downloading the free software from Amazon. (search Google for Kindle readers).

• 2 weeks later...

You can use the Camberflap to Elevator mix but, as I don't know how your flaps are set up, I suggest you use a Prog Mix.

Activate it on screen 2/2. At Master select H/W (Hardware) and then select the slider you have used. At Slave select Elevator.

On screen 1/2 change the value at the top of the screen by trial and error to give the required movement. Set the X Offset to +100 so that the slider takes effect throughout the full range of its movement.

Hi Malcolm .The model is a much modified Super 60 with flaps .I'll give your suggestion a try over the Xmas period as things are getting quite busy at the moment .I really like your book on Kindle which has helped me out a great deal in other issues . Thanks for your help , and good wishes for Xmas and the New Year .

Maurice,

As always, it rather depends on which features are available and the type of model. You mention trying Throttle Hold which would suggest it is a helicopter but, as you do not mention this elsewhere, I am going to assume that it is not.

One option is to set a Throttle Curve, if you have a spare one available. Read the section in my book for a full explanation. All you will have to do is assign a switch and then set all the values in the left hand column to something like 5 or whatever gives a suitable tick over speed. Note the paragraph explaining the VPP bug.

If you do not use Idle Down for its intended purpose you could use this as the throttle cut. You could then use the Throttle Cut mix to hold the throttle. Set it in the normal way but increase the value very slightly (e.g. to 19%) rather than decreasing it to the cut position.

If neither of these options is available on your model, let me know and I'll explain how to do it with a Program Mix.