Mini Jazz builders hangout.

Kevin Fairgrieve

Looks like my RX battery choice may have to change.

I just offered up the LiFe and is is not going to fit under the tank.

I am hopeful that I can squeeze it above the tank.

You can also see here the tank encroaching into the wing leading edge issue.

life (2).jpg

life (3).jpg

Can you charge LIFe batteries in situ? I believe you can but it would mean making an extension lead for the balance lead and a way to get to it to charge it.

Suggestions please.

Kev

You can charge your LiFE batteries in the model Kev no problem.....at the risk of stating the obvious you DO need a charger with a LiFE program.....a LiPo program won't do...

I found a 90cc tank at HK that I think will do the job....90cc is just over 3oz I think.....one is on the way to me so I'll report back...

See here...

Progress update..

Servo's fitted, fus covered [last night]

2013-11-10 08.37.19.jpg

With the small fus and closed loop rudder I found that the best way [for me] to fit the elevator servo was to invert it.

Couple of pics to show top & bottom view.

All seems to work OK

2013-11-10 08.37.30.jpg

2013-11-10 08.37.47.jpg

The eagle eyed will see that I fitted the wing retainers the wrong way round Doh!

Too much trauma to change and they are well fixed. As the model is so light I'm going to leave it..... dont know

Posted by Martin U on 04/11/2013 16:21:55:

here you go Kev 1 tail pic2013-11-04 16.18.29.jpg

Aswell as the incidence question, (which Mr A has already confirmed was corrected in a subsequent mag and should be 0 / 0) the tailplane seems to be further forward on this MHS stocked plan, as opposed to the free plan - presumably to stop the elevators fouling the rudder?

Hi,

first of all, let me introduce myself, my name is Xavi and I'm writing from a small city near Barcelona in Catalonia.

The "Mini Jazz" will be my first plane built from a plan... but as a newbie, I have a question regarding the plans... what are the "small triangles" in the plans?

If you watch the photo in the previous post you will see the "small triangles" that I'm referring...

Many thanks and sorry for my bad english

Xavi