The Tinker bi-plane hangar

WolstonFlyer

Hi both

I have just been reading through Danny's Bistormer thread and I think that is the way to go, make the ailerons 4 bays long and up to the rear spar, it looks like they will only need a small amount of travel. I will have a think about it while I am at "work" tomorrow. I don't think my servo linkages will be as well hidden, I think I will end up with a 9g servo in each wing and a linkage to a plastic horn sticking down under the wing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i hate you all went to the lma elvington show db sport and scale were there and i couldn't walk past without ordering something my ribs patterns and plans arrived for the tinker major looks like i will have to clear my building board move aside cambrian spitfire and priory models feflection do you think i may have bitten off a little too much`

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

My Tinker has come out of the hanger after a 20 year rest.

Re fimed its looking great.HOWEVER: its had 3 near disasterous flights C OF G!!

On the last flight its swinging all over the place, I forced a downwind landing amazingly it stabilised when no power was applied and a perfect scale landing resulted. C og G has gone from 1/3 aft of mid wings wing Leading Edge to just forward of the 1/3 from the top wing only LE. HELP PLEASE!? Wings are parallel, there is no warping twist. Its an electric drive so simple to adjust its c of g but I dont want to risk another uninformed flight.

Good flying all

"is it possible that your Tinker is over powered?" I would agree on this one. I had the same problem with a STOL - overpowing made it just about uncontrollable. Similarly so with a Gentle Lady electric which I re-motored - too much power made life very difficult for a few moments before throttling down.

Edited By Toni Reynaud on 02/09/2016 07:01:24

Thank you All for your comments.

Its true of all my recnt flights that lower power to nil eased the problem. With any power above that in level flight and stable air it main characteristic is the wings seem to dro vicously first one side, then the other.

I'll recheck that "inxidence" is a degree or 2 up on the Leading Edge of the upper wing.

I'll report back

Thanks to All

Tony