Barnstormer Boys

David Davis

Posted by Martian on 19/10/2013 19:15:30:

Hi Greybeard my lipos are 3s 2200 mah

I feel like a proper modeler now I have 4 planes on the go and non of them kits

Edited By Martian on 19/10/2013 19:16:37

Four active models, I'm impressed. cool

I guess a 3s 2200 mAh lipo should power a 1.5Kg model of the Barnstormer type, so I would go with Phil's suggestion above and go with the 52" size.

Martian

The 52" version would certainly fly on 3S and I expect that the 63" one would too.

My opinion is based on the following reasoning. My Telemaster 40, a six foot high-winged monoplane which weighs 6lbs, flies off a 4S LiPo but the cognoscenti tell me that it would fly off three cells if I were to change the propeller.

The 63" Barnstormer is 12% smaller than the Telemaster 40 so should fly on three cells.

Posted by Mike Hardy on 21/10/2013 14:29:45:

Hi, My 63" arrived today, Next - to generate a wood list. I notice there are shapes to be cut from adhesive backed paper then stuck down. I take it you remove the paper once the shape has been cut from the balsa?

Mike

You do remove the paper after shaping the parts although sometimes it is reluctant to come off.

Before you start cutting I advise that you check the dimensions against the plan where possible as on my 88" there were a lot of discrepancies that needed correction.

Posted by David Davis on 21/10/2013 08:30:57:

Would anybody be interested in wearing a tee shirt with "Barnstormer Boy" or "Barnstormer Boys" written on it at Greenacres? If so what colour should we choose? Orange so that we can find one another? smiley

If there's enough interest I'll get some prices.

Hi David regarding T shirts for the Greenacres event I suggest we need to chat to David ashby, he organised last years from one of the forum members who does this for a living, (phil@elite workwear) I believe, at a great price too, and I suggest we have a generic design for the event with a slight change in the logo or additional printing to indicate the model. As for colours last year we had a choice of colours and so everyone was able to choose their own, as for finding each other at Greenacres, it won't be that difficult mate, especially if the weathers like last year we'll all be in the GAMFC tent lol

Phil

Edited By Phil Winks on 21/10/2013 17:41:19

Posted by Phil Winks on 21/10/2013 17:39:38:
Posted by David Davis on 21/10/2013 08:30:57:

Would anybody be interested in wearing a tee shirt with "Barnstormer Boy" or "Barnstormer Boys" written on it at Greenacres? If so what colour should we choose? Orange so that we can find one another? smiley

If there's enough interest I'll get some prices.

Hi David regarding T shirts for the Greenacres event I suggest we need to chat to David ashby, he organised last years from one of the forum members who does this for a living, (phil@elite workwear) I believe, at a great price too, and I suggest we have a generic design for the event with a slight change in the logo or additional printing to indicate the model. As for colours last year we had a choice of colours and so everyone was able to choose their own, as for finding each other at Greenacres, it won't be that difficult mate, especially if the weathers like last year we'll all be in the GAMFC tent lol

Phil

Edited By Phil Winks on 21/10/2013 17:41:19

Are you implying that i should use waterproof paint on mine? wink

Posted by Andy Green on 22/10/2013 10:40:13:

I'm in.

Barnstormer 72. I have an original OS60 four stroke (open rockers).

Just order the bits from DBS&S

Does anyone have a parts list, I'll be going to Gaydon this weekend and I don't expect to have the plan by then to work out the bits myself.

A

A good choice of engine, I had one once in an 84" Powerhouse which it flew very well.

Andy, no silencer just the stub, it's a quiet motor.

I owned one in about 1987 and I cannot remember it being noise tested but the club I flew at enforced the 82db limit so I imagine it must have passed that. If you do find that you need a silencer it won't have to be much of one.