CS 10 Blade / HK Aluminium 10 Blade

Roger Cox 1

sea vixen 009.jpgsea vixen 007.jpgLatest progress before going for pizza, a few glasses of red and a good book!

Servos installed in wing and tailplane, I'm using tower Pro MG90S metal geared which fit with just a little work to clear the output arms. I will need to cut slots for the connectors, I used to cut off the plugs and solder the extensions on but that caused more hassle when I wanted to put the servos in another model (usually after the demise of the present one). Aileron and elevator hinges are reinforced with blenderm tape both top and bottom as usual. One wing glued in place.sea vixen 008.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Bill

Well I'm about ready to start the Sea Vixen, seem to have spent hardly any time with the model after opening the box to see it was all there. How did your's fly ?

What about forum comments (not this one) regarding the motor wires affecting the airflow through the fan - is that a comment to ignore ?

Do you have any more close ups of the motor / fan installation ?

Cheers

roger

Sounds good John,

Just finished installing the aileron servo's tonight, had a quick look at the fan housing and all seems to be a snug fit.

As this is my first edf unit and I have the Changesun 10 blade to fit, I'm a little confused about the supplied washers in particular, which one goes where sad I'm assuming that I've to use the supplied alloy shaft to place over the motor drive shaft in order that tightening will achieve a tight 'grip' and to do this I will first pass this shaft through the back of the fan and then offer it up to motor drive shaft. Once this is in place, use the bog standard nut and washer to tighten from the 'other end'.question

roger

• 8 months later...

Hope you don't mind me 'bumping' this thread but am thinking about fitting the CS 10 into my old MaxThrust Mig 15. I have several suitable 4 cell batteries, so in keeping with a 4S setup would the HET 2W-20 be a suitable motor? The Mig is a similar wingspan to the HK Vampire, but just a tad heavier.