Graham Culver's Pushycat build...

GrahamC

I'll use flocked CA hinges for ailerons. They will be fine. [My WOT4 has hours and hours and hours of lying under its belt, and the hinges are still fine]

The elevator will be hinged with archive quality sticky tape... I will post on hinging when I get there!

A few notes on the canopy and pilot....

I made a 'blank' for the canopy from scrap balsa and shrank a pop bottle over the blank using a heat gun and then cut the canopy from the shrunk bottle.

I pressed the canopy into place, and drew around it on the fuselage... and then traced the shape made onto tracing paper... and painted the shape first with WBPU varnish and then with black acrylic paint.

p1010984.jpg

I then placed the tracing on the Solarfilm and cut the shape straight through the tracing paper and Solarfilm, I applied the solar film, and then glued the canopy in place with canopy adhesive.

The pilot bust was made by spinning a piece of scrap balsa glued on a cocktail stick up on a dremel and using sand paper to make a bead. The visor was made with some scrap lithoplate and cyan's in place.

I'm getting there...

p1010987.jpg

• 11 months later...

The regular place for the lipo batterys on all the PC's I've seen and including mine is straight in the nose in front of F2, So no need to alter F3. The plan was made when Brushed motors and big heavy nicd's were been used.

Here's another couple of good write ups of a build on here -

Kens build - http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=89454

Mass buld - http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=88922

Baz

Edited By brfc7 on 05/10/2014 17:48:02

Edited By brfc7 on 05/10/2014 17:48:34