ne....1's... pushycat for 2013

ken anderson.

no CJ it wasn't that...but your right the 10mm either side doesn't appear to come over on the photo's and to be honest when you have a look at the wings also...never mind.....what happened was I cut the front top block 'short' and had to put an extra bit in...you can just see the join...crook ...

ken Anderson ne..1... just see the join dept...

more and more....right here we go to install the aileron pushrods(must be constructed and installed if you are going to use one servo as per plan)......which I have allways done ......before the wing is installed..make sure that your pushrod connections have some form of adjusters..and double check before you install and glue the wing on...which I did using epoxy and some S/G in places to keep the wing in position while the epoxy went off....then on to the fuz bottom which is sheeted with 1/8"/3mm balsa....you'll notice also that the block balsa nose and canopy have been planed and sanded to shape.....starting to look like a greenacre contender/winner? ......

pc4i1.jpg

pc4i2.jpg

pc4i3.jpg

pc4i4.jpg

pc4i5.jpg

pc4i7.jpg

let me know and lets see some of your photo's how you are getting on? ....

ken Anderson ... ne.1....greenacre's contenders dept....

catch's,servo and dowel,,,today I've been fiddling around fitting the aileron servo in the fuz......putting it all together on the bearers and gluing into its final /permanent position.......the canopy is now fitted with a dowel at the front end and a 'ripmax' plastic catch at the rear end.......the photo's are pretty self explanatory .... any question's - give me a shout.......also now the wings are glued in place.....is an ideal time to stand back and make small adjustments if reqd with the good old sandpaper.....also note -the extra cross fuz stiffener I've installed-----I find that the fuz here is a bit iffy(especially as this is where we hold the model to hand launch) I don't bother with the bit underneath for launching-shown on the plan........we're nearly there....

pc4j1.jpg

pc4j4.jpg

pc4j5.jpg

pc4j3.jpg

pc4j2.jpg

pc4j7.jpg

pc4j6.jpg

ken Anderson...ne...1 pushycat dept....

Edited By ken anderson. on 06/11/2013 17:24:14

Here too Ken, just taking it all in and writing notes. On my way home now and as long as her in doors doesn't have any jobs for me, I'm going to get some more parts cut out. Probably the two booms, fuz sides and a rough former F3.5 that will need trimming once I know actual width (one to bolt motor against) 

Baz

Edited By brfc7 on 06/11/2013 19:47:47

Posted by Jim Carss on 06/11/2013 19:23:45:

ne1

Carss not Carrs

Rhymes with Bum Not Mars

smile p

Keep on trying Jim - he'll get it right eventually! teeth 2

Ken, yes, I've been watching too - and I've been spurred into action by all these PushyCat threads to get my PC-wreckage reassembled and ready to fly again. Almost done!

Edited By John Privett on 06/11/2013 20:27:26

See - I told you we make you build another Pushy Cat! smile

And yes - I'm keeping an eye on your progress - come on man get a move on - you'll have it Christmas at this rate! I thought this was supposed to be a quick build? wink 2

Seriously Ken - smashing build and great blog. Enjoying it very much!

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 06/11/2013 23:58:08

thanks for the replies lad's...nice to know that some one is reading my post's....a lot of the word's and photo's will be old hat to a lot of the older seasoned builder's ....... BEB,J Carr's etc.....but i'm trying to look at it from a point of building --- for a newbie.....like's of craig carr and baz.....

ken Anderson....ne...1 -pushycat dept.

Posted by ken anderson. on 07/11/2013 09:38:41:

thanks for the replies lad's...nice to know that some one is reading my post's....a lot of the word's and photo's will be old hat to a lot of the older seasoned builder's ....... BEB,J Carr's etc.....but i'm trying to look at it from a point of building --- for a newbie.....like's of craig carr and baz.....

ken Anderson....ne...1 -pushycat dept.

What Ken Ne1 forgets was that I was one of the seasoned builders who very recently pushed "Pushy Cat construction techniques" to new heights with my glass fibre version / glass fibre fuz. cool

Here she is glassed and "pre-paint" Job

photo 1.jpg

AND Here she is in her primer coat

photo 2.jpg

AND sadly non exist of her in the finished colour..... crying 2 but thats another story......

Edited By Craig Carr on 07/11/2013 16:26:33

the other story that c.carr forgot to add on to the end of his fibre glass PC was..that the motor was installed on a former that was held in with invisible glue and decided to part from the air frame...during sortie no 3..was the best I've seen for 'exploding' in the sky......ian yes ...I have a goodin in Mrs A ......when I decide to do a bit of building etc......

ken hooper fenton Anderson........ne.....1 ......pushycat dept...

this afternoon I've been away gliding in 50 mph winds with enrico.......so now back and the latest fiddling on with the nearly completed pushycat.......first off I cut out the firewall for the b/less motor from 1/8-3mm marine ply...marked it out for the motor mount and put in a few more hole's for the air to get through.....measured up and had a dry run with it prior to fitting the motor and e/epoxying it in place......and then a set back...I checked the esc in the fuz and found that it was going to get fowled by the aileron torque rods..........So I had to remove the rear deck and screw down the plastic torque rod connectors till I got the clearance I needed(double check yours before you glue on the rear deck).....I then fitted the tailplane and reinforced the joint with some triangular balsa(see the photo)..and re-fitted the esc to make sure all was well.......the construction is all but over----only the elevator to fit and then the covering......watch this space......

pc4k01.jpg

pc4k02.jpg

pc4k05.jpg

pc4k07.jpg

pc4k08.jpg

pc4k09.jpg

pc4k10.jpg

pc4k12.jpg

the last photo shows you the final place for the esc wiring......the two to the batt had to be extended slightly...and the previous  mentioned fuz 'stiffiner'..

ken Anderson ne..1 .pushycat dept....

PS --- photo 5 is the modified torque rods..to clear the esc

Edited By ken anderson. on 07/11/2013 17:49:57

Looking good ken,

As a seasoned pushy cat builder (4 under my belt) as long as you used the tounge method shown on the plan the triangular stock used on the tail plane isn't really necessary to maintain structural integrity.

Craig (reduce unnecessary tail weight dept) winksecret

Edited By Craig Carr on 07/11/2013 18:33:20