ne....1's... pushycat for 2013

ken anderson.

Ken, I see your front top deck/nose top piece follows the slight up of the fuz side and then where it changes to horizontal have you put another small piece of balsa so that the canopy fits in with a vertical join?

baz

Edited By brfc7 on 12/11/2013 21:25:49

pc4i2.jpgbaz-what happened-was I made a mistake and cut the top deck too short..and had to put the extra bit in....follow the plan and don't bother with any extra former's......I made the joint between the deck and canopy straight- not tapered as shown on the plan....

ken Anderson ne..1 ......pushycat dept.

Edited By ken anderson. on 12/11/2013 22:44:06

Edited By ken anderson. on 12/11/2013 22:44:32

Well tonight I put on the bottom sheeting just behind the nose as the plan says with cross grain, happy with it as can't see the 2 joins from the 3 pieces it took.

19 bottom deck.jpg

Felt like I was in the zone so had a bit play around lamanating sheets for the nose/top deck and had a go at using plane for the 1st time (thought I'd have a go on nose before doing the wings) Happy again with it, need to finish off the rear of it for where the canopy locks in and a few bits of filler,

20 nose.jpg

Looks like it's a bit higher on the top and the nose a bit longer than yours ken, but shouldn't make a difference.

baz

Top shelf stuff there Ken. Love it

I must say this site is getting better all the time; There are some great close up build shots, there are models that would stand out at any field, many models that are masterpieces in my eyes, there is plenty of good spirit and inspiration for newcomers and old hands alike; But most of all, a growing family that are creating, constructing or flying aircraft that are absolutely awesome to see flying in real life, and that is whether they are scale or fantasy, miniature or big beasts. Happy, you bet!

bbc.

pc4k12.jpgbaz-your model is looking A1....like I say -don't put any false former's in(you don't need) them-the only thing I do and recommend you do with yours is put a stiffener in the fuz.....around about the middle--where you are going to hold it for the launch...the shape of the fuz is also down to you....no hard/fast rules....I'm busy installing the elevator servo/lead and then the covering.......more photo's later....this thread could be the death of the ARTF'S/not..... .. teeth 2

ken Anderson ne...1..pushycat dept....

Stephen/BBC -thanks for the kind word's.......

Edited By ken anderson. on 13/11/2013 09:54:12

pc4sc2.jpgpc4sc5.jpgpc4sc3.jpgpc4sc1.jpgthanks BEB .......not a lot done today...but what I did I will share with you....I fitted the servo lead(elevator) to the boom using some contact adhesive ...then run the covering over..i was going to fit the servo control rod/adjuster to the servo but I've run out of control horn's...so a trip to the lms.......check out mini ne...1 ....

ken Anderson ne...1 ...pushycat dept.

pc4end7.jpgpc4end5.jpgpc4end4.jpgpc4end2.jpgpc4end8.jpgpc4end1.jpgwell the AGM's been and gone and I'm still chairman of BVRMC for the next 12 months......so to the pushycat ......I think that these will be the last photo's from ne..1's build.......as the model is now all done and ready for it's maiden flight..........what have I done......the elevator servo lead is now in place and working.....simply done by a small slot in the bottom of the fuz - the wire fed through and then the wire covered with a bit of profilm...work's a treat...the elevator horn fitted to the servo and connected to the one fitted to the elevator itself.....c/w an adjuster...the battery was fitted and some foam packing fitted in between the batt and front(F1) to get it in the correct position for the C of G......and the final weight is...........model 18oz and a 3 cell/2200 is 7oz...so a final flying weight of 25oz......is spot on going off previous PC's....have a look at the last of the photo's and any Question's ...let me know......as you have seen the model isn't hard to build and I can assure you it's not hard to fly........have fun..............i'll report back after the maiden.....

ken Anderson..ne....1.... the end of the build/PC dept....

Edited By ken anderson. on 15/11/2013 16:36:04

Posted by WolstonFlyer on 10/11/2013 18:21:07:
Looks great John. I use 6x4 and 6x5 props on my two planes that have 2200kV motors. The 6x5 is probably cutting it a bit fine as it pulls about 29A on a 30A ESC at full throttle with a 3S LiPo

I replaced the Grauper 5.2x5.2 prop with an APC 6x4 and it really has transformed the self-launching capability. Thanks for the suggestion. Three more flights today - only problem was 'losing' the wings against the light grey clouds that were around today. I think some contrasting stripes are called for! At least I could still see the fuz though...

So Ken, as this is your thread.... Have you flown it yet?

Morning Ken, Just a quick question. I've laminated some sheets of balsa together and roughly shaped ready for the canopy. How did you do your final shaping, Obviously as it won't stay still on the model. Is it a case of masking tape the front and then shaping the rear and then vice a versa.

baz

hello baz...the ne...1 way..............fit the rough shaped canopy to the model and tack it in place with some 'dot's' of cyno in each of the 4 corners and then plane sand away to your heart's content...when you are happy that its mission accomplished - run your model knife gently along the joint and it will come away....fit the front dowel and rear catch-give it another gentle sand........... and that's the job done ....don't forget the 'stiffener in the middle we talked about....

ken Anderson ne..1........... stiffener in the middle dept.

• 2 weeks later...

well the big day has arrived and the bits of 1/4 balsa/profilm and glue c/w some electric bits...otherwise known as pushycat no4 has had its maiden flight in near perfect condition's.......sunshine and 5-6 mph winds.....a quick final check that all was moving in the correct direction.....opened the throttle and a gentle underarm launch...and away it went ................ needing a few click's of down to get it straight and level and a couple of click's left aileron.....and that was it...'the maiden' and then later a 2nd flight.......no prob's..landed and checked to make sure everything was still attached .... now who's going to be the next? .....

ken Anderson ne...1 ....maiden flight dept.

pc4 maiden.jpg