ne....1's... pushycat for 2013

ken anderson.

I have to live with him,he's a handy man,just lives around the corner.

I have a new name for him, Hey ho silver, coz he flies the silver bullet and I aint gonna be Tonto.

I am reluctant to say it but it does look good ( he lives next door to Tim Hooper if that's got anything to do with it and I believe you are on the other side.

I wonder where he gets his inspiration from ??????

JC... ne23 ... he's done a good job dept. grrrrrrrr sarcastic

• 4 years later...

2013...……….just like that,reading through some of the posts on this thread...it's just like yesterday...time really does fly(Pun)? ……..the current P/Cat is no 5 and still flying in one piece......half way into this thread is the tale of the moulded/600 watt! P/Cat that flew once and mid flight decided to eat itself in the air...when the motor decided to find a new home...…….and of course the yellow one I built and sold on also bit the dust due to someone(new owner) not charging his TX battery...that was a shame also...kulou

ken anderson...ne..1..P/Cat dept.

Ken also the American flag PC that I bought off you didn’t last too long as I didn’t close top hatch properly and it came off just after launching and went straight through prop resulting in mid air explosion 😂

Still have my PC Mk2

baz

Thoroughly enjoyed re-reading this thread again.

Can’t believe 7 or so years have passed since I destroyed two pushy cats in quick succession due to my own stupidity blush

have been tidying the workshop today and found the Traplet plans...  very tempted to make anotherdont know

Edited By Craig Carr on 23/05/2020 19:07:29

• Like 1

The thread reminds me that it was seven years ago I built my own Pushy Cat, which exist today.

covered.jpg

Seems I never photoed it complete.

There is a link to a thread for the mass build. It does seem that there are many variations on the exact plan. In my case I used a built up wing of 10% of NACA 0010, I was really after a mushy stall, and that is what I got. I also glassed the body, I think mainly because I used Blue Foam top to the body.

glass1.jpg

I remember Kens cat, lying on the model. Our own cat would also intervene when it was feeding time.

puss2.jpg

Alas he has since died, much missed.

I flew my model at Greenacres that year in the mass fly in.

I did subsequently crash the model.

nose.jpg

new nose.jpg

newpaint.jpg

From memory I think I stalled it in a turn or something similar, What ever happened, it happened faster than me. It does show however that the model is easy to repair.

From memory it was last flown in the last 4 years, that is after moving house. I now fly models a lot less, then it was daily. I had a Municipal Golf course behind the house, when it was closed in winter and the flying field, just a mile away.

same here Erfolg,my little assistant is up in the sky also....and yes a Big miss...but her replacement is with us....not as interested in models yet....anyone reading in and thinking about a P/Cat....you couldn't get an easier/cheap to build model that is also easy to fly without any vices etc...

ken anderson...ne...1....vice dept.

image.jpgAh, my Pushy Cat Super Venom! Wrecked at Greenacres. Because I’m not naturally comfortable flying in groups and using a park fly rx I flew it out of range and it came down. I scrapped it when in fact it was repairable, although I’ve kept the cockpit section. Wouldn’t take a lot to make another. I enjoyed flying it at our home field, it was great. I remember when Chris Golds was asking for photos for Q&EF I sent him this picture and he published it in his Light Fantastic feature!

I think your model may have been compromised on the Saturday, then I guess it was the Sunday when i went. I do remember talking with you, and your Jaguar.

Greenacres seemed a long drive to me at about 60 miles, the current journey of 90 miles is further, to NFC at approx 160 (320 round trip) miles is just to far.

I must agree that the pussy Cat is a well behaved model. I was advised that launch of the model should be an underarm toss, at half throttle and no more than 3/4 throttle. My first launch at half throttle had the model struggling along for something like a hundred yards, not climbing, as it sunk lower, as i desperately sought the throttle an up elevator. In short it sunk to the ground, no damage, even though on the edge of the stall, with the motor running.

All subsequent launches full throttle, it just climbs away, as on rails. In fact the whole flight it seems to be on rails.

• 1 month later...

I thought you might like to see my veteran Pushy Cat. Built in 2005, when I hadn't been flying for very long, I thought at the time it probably wouldn't last very long. However here we are dozens of flights later in 2020, and it's still going strong (so I must be doing something right!).

Fitted with a MEGA ACn 16/15/4 inrunner, it originally flew on 35MHz and with 800mAh NiCad batteries, but had an upgrade a number of years ago to 2.4Ghz, and a 1600mAh 3S LiPo, which has to be located right in the nose to get the CofG right (the original, much heavier, NiCad was in the centre as per the plan).

The only other changes over the years have been the addition of some strips of CF to either side of the tail booms (see photo below), which I found to be rather weak - and actually broke a couple of times following bad launches.

I've learned over the years to launch it with plenty of left aileron applied, to counteract the torque effect from the pusher motor & prop.

Pushy Cat 1.jpg

Pushy Cat 2.jpg

Pushy Cat 3.jpg

• 3 years later...
16 hours ago, Flyboy3 said:

Also nice to see the names of fellow forum members at the time of the build.

Your right FB 3...I had read through the thread and there was some names on there you never hear from now....some who have passed on...RIP BEB(a miss)...I met him at green acres...nice lad....

Ken Anderson....ne...1... where are they now dept.