Ever wanted to get into or improve your aerobatics?

Peter Jenkins

A recent buyer of my book, also a forumite, has agreed to let me post his comment on my book verbatim.  I hope you find it interesting.

Comment

I have been slowly digesting your book, not been putting anything into practise as have not had a chance to fly, I have checked out my Wot4 to ensure it’s ready to go mind so will using that for now.

I really like the easy way you have written it, for beginners but easy to get on with, having spent so many years with gliders I have got into a rut a little and although I thought I knew how to trim models this has reminded me of things I have not done for years but what is more a better understanding as to why, strange I know but I believe those who taught me back then were very good at explaining to me at the time but I more or less did it parrot fashion without really thinking about it but just recognising some traits. I am really enjoying it, just feel I must have become complacent over the years and with lack of time some models fell by the wayside before I had a chance to get to their full potential as they were not as good as I hoped. I feel I hadn't made the best use of my time unfortunately, due to more snatching a flight here and there and getting easily lead astray with new toys! That stops now and the New Year’s resolution is to make the most of what I have got and (one for the wife) sell on those I don’t used before getting another.

Your book has done so much more for me! 😂 focus being one important thing.

Thank you for that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Peter Jenkins said:

A recent buyer of my book, also a forumite, has agreed to let me post his comment on my book verbatim.  I hope you find it interesting.

Comment

Some models fell by the wayside before I had a chance to get to their full potential as they were not as good as I hoped. I feel I hadn't made the best use of my time unfortunately, (due to more snatching a flight here and there and getting easily lead astray with new toys)!

That stops now and the New Year’s resolution is to make the most of what I have got. 

Hi Peter,

That really jells with me as a long time club training officer and aerobatic pilot, time and time again I see people spending yet more money on a new model hoping it will fly better than the last one where all the previous model needs is careful trimming because they have got nowhere near the best out of it.

Making the best of what you have is a good thing and probably a good motto for life.

I sincerely hope your reviewer gets really good results with this and I'm sure his wife will be happier as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

In the February edition of RCM&E, there is the 2nd part of Mike Delacole's building and flying instructions for the Chilli Breeze.  I had been thinking of building this and read through the notes only to find that he's recommended Chilli Breeze builders to take a look at my book.

So, if any of you forumites are building the Chili Breeze and would like a copy of the book, please PM me.

You may also notice that I have a small section in Keith Jackson's aerobatics section, entitled Home International,  where I've written about getting started in aerobatics.

2 minutes ago, Peter Jenkins said:

In the February edition of RCM&E, there is the 2nd part of Mike Delacole's building and flying instructions for the Chilli Breeze.  I had been thinking of building this and read through the notes only to find that he's recommended Chilli Breeze builders to take a look at my book.

So, if any of you forumites are building the Chili Breeze and would like a copy of the book, please PM me.

You may also notice that I have a small section in Keith Jackson's aerobatics section, entitled Home International,  where I've written about getting started in aerobatics.

An interesting article Peter, adding variety to the regular F3A piece; always good to be reminded, especially after my New Year maiden flights last Saturday (nothing broke).   Always rusty after a lay-off.

BTC