Can Doo it

Stephen Jones

If you look though the Can doo threads , both of them you will find ref to my depron one , 1/2 the weight of the balsa one mainly due to the 1000 ma lipo , with an Axi they are fast , all flying canard and coupled ailerons , just a couple of night s to build as well , actually flew one this afternoon !!

cheers

Hi,

I now have the two motors working,

I found that one of my Esc is faulty as it was hit and miss as to weather it would work or not . Their must be a dry joint on the board cause if i move the esc it would fire up.

So i fitted a new 30amp Esc , but although it would fire up it would over rev the motor causing the motor to get hot and make strange noise.

So i also swapped out the motor now both motors are running . Not done a power test yet, as it is a bit late now .

I shall do a power check tomorrow so i can determine which size of battery needs to go in .

Steve

Sorry for the tardy response Stephen. I could not identify the subject of your photo.
However I am glad you have sorted the problem.

Regarding your motor overspeed and temeperature problem, could this be the timing set in the esc?
whatever you, you have found a solution and I will be interested to see what result you get from your twin motor setup. It should move along nicely

Edited By Kevin Wilson on 06/06/2016 07:40:05

• 4 months later...

Tried a new 3000Kv motor with a 2500 lipo in my can doo yesterday and all I can say is WOW!!!!!! what a plane this is now. Its like flying a rocket but on rails but will still fly at a snails pace if wanted and all I can say is its a tribute to the designer. Will be building another with my mods for undercarriage built in and a rudder and thanks again to the designer for giving me such fun.

• 1 year later...

I am building a Candoo and am at the stage of fitting in the electronic components. I havent got a lot of experience with electrics. My question is that the batteries I have bought, Turnigy 3s 2200, have a long enough lead that it looks like the ESC can go in the rear of the fuselage, obviating the need for motor extn leads but still allow the battery to be forward enough to balance. I realise it means the ESC/motor connection will end up in the covered part of the rear fuselage, but it would also mean the battery wires wouldn't be all bunched up if the ESC was further forward. Hopefully the attached picture will show what I have described. Interested in what other builders think.

pa180439[1].jpg

• 1 year later...

Can Do C of G

Hi Wayne, I believe its 50 mm / 2" in front of the LE of the main wing where it come out of the fuselage , also it needs a up reflex setting on the main wing ailerons of about 0.12" / 3mm and the front elevators need to be set at 4mm down elevator - ( which is like up trim on this model ) .

Here's a link to some features and some flying pictures.

**LINK**

It was featured in the magazine in December 2013.

• 3 years later...

https://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/45594-david-boddington-dracon/&do=findComment&comment=830228         

this one (Dracon) by David Boddington is a canny flyer as well...available as free download on outerzone...check out the link above for my build of several variations...?

ken anderson...ne...1..canard dept.

870219.jpg

Edited by ken anderson.
link didn't work due to me.

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/04/2022 at 18:09, ken anderson. said:

this one (Dracon) by David Boddington is a canny flyer as well...a

ken anderson...ne...1..canard dept.

Your decor is almost an exact match of the original Ken - I have DB's Dracon here (gift from Andy Boddo), the colours are there but badly faded ?

IMG_20220517_181109.jpg

Edited by Phil Green