what dremel is best for our needs

My Black &Decker mini drill packed up this week, I noticed on the web that B&Q had 25% off the Dremel 3000 with 15 accessories (£30) so got one, been using it this weekend and it's a nicer tool to use than the Black and Decker, been using it to make sut outs in the wings of my HP 18 so I can install the servos directly in the wings, it's worked very well on the glassed wings.

I also bought the drill chuck that goes with it. I'm using a the Permagrit cutting disc, great for cutting through fibreglass.

Note in the B&Q store I went to the price shown on the shelf was the full price, but at check out it was the offer price!

The Dremel 3000 is a smashing power tool and with the flexible drive it is particularly versatile. You will notice a huge improvement over your last hobby drill. It is one tool that I leave permanently set up hanging from the workshop rafter over the bench. I probably use it every day.

Best wishes

Gazza

Me to!

I suspect my Aldi tool is coming to the end of its life. The brushes having about 6mm left, past experience has shown that obtaining suitable brushes can be difficult and pretty expensive for something worth a couple of pounds.

I reserved my 3000 on line, went to the store, only to find it was not reserved. I was scolded for not waiting for a confirmatory phone call. Which I am not aware that this is mentioned on the confirmation print out.  The stock was then checked (we walked to the tool section). Yes they had them in stock and on display, But  the marked up price was £39, reduced from some much higher price.

At the till it was confirmed that it was priced at £29.99. This was reduced further by my old codgers card to £26.98.

I am still surprised at the lack of concern that their placards do not show the correct current price. I asked will you be changing the posted price. Oh no, not until we are informed by head office. Yet again i am flabbergasted, why not chase up head office, be proactive. I despair !

Well done Frank!!!!!!!!! There is at least some we can rely on.smiley

Edited By Erfolg on 18/12/2013 15:01:51

Hi Erfolg.

£27 squid for a Dremmel 3000 is a great price. Sadly I paid a lot more for mine but it is still a fave tool. Worth every penny mate.

It does everything. Drilling, sanding, routing. It makes the dinner, walks the dog, and clears up the workshop after I have finished........S'brill for DIY dentistry as well....Marvellous

Gazza

I've got the predecessor to the Dremel 3000, the very similar 300, which I find invaluable. I've also got the now discontinued Dremel Stylus which is a smaller pistol grip rechargeable unit which is fine for the smaller jobs.

Its such a pity they discontinued the Stylus.

Steve