Flair Fokker DVII

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all...HAPPY New Year from a very hot Australia. Flew the Fokker again today. Now flying well. Our local field is a bit dry and as a result it tipped over on landing. Luckily it just pulled a couple of those cabane "tangs" out of their sockets and no major damage. One annoying thing is that the axle wing/ airfoil won't secure in place and wants to tilt. I'd have to unsolder all the joints to somehow fix this. I've tried adding a bit if glue to the collet area but it's not helping...any ideas...happy to build a new undercart if necessary...

Cheers Chris 

• 2 months later...

Don,

I only just saw your reply...its been a busy couple of months. What a great idea...I'll get onto it asap. 

Last Sunday our club held its annual scale fly-in event. Any type of "scale" aircraft are welcome and it's just a fun, social event. The mighty Fokker D7 flew four flights, all went well. It's definitely way over powered, so I'll drop down to 5s 5000 ma packs from the current 6s. Balance should still be ok as I can push the pack slightly more forward. I'm very pleased with the electric conversion overall. 

Cheers from Sunny Australia